Chapter 40: New Home

Christian:

"No." she simply said and continued packing.

"What do you mean by no, Chloe?" I inquired patiently.

She turned to me with a look that screamed she was not going to budge. "Chloe this is a great opportunity. I don't know why you'd want to throw it away." I tried to reason.

"I will not accepts favors from anyone, Christian. I want to make a name for myself without your intervention." She turned around after that and zipped up her suitcase.

I took a deep breath; she is really testing my patience. "You think I asked him to take you in? He saw your drawings and decided that he wanted your work in his gallery."

"I don't care Christian."

"Come on, Chloe. Take the opportunity. He's the best art dealer in New York and not everyone is lucky enough to personally be invited unto his team."

She sighed, "I just don't want his reasons for wanting me on board to be because of me being your wife."

I walked up behind her and wrapped my arms around her stomach. "Stubborn woman." I mumbled under my breath.

She relaxed in my arms and let out a breath. "Okay. I'll do it." I smiled and pressed a kiss to get cheek.

I went over to the closet and pulled out my already packed suitcase. A smirk formed on my lips, "Just so you know, if it was up to me you never work a day in your life, but I won't be able to live with myself."

I looked over my shoulder to see her as already looking at me. My smirk transitioned into a smile, "I actually told him no at first but then I remembered that smile on your face when you do art and I relented."

A smile slip her face and her eyes held gratitude. "I won't stop you from pursuing your dreams."

•~~~~•💍•~~~~•

Chloe:

I sighed as the cool air of home hit my face. A week away really got to me seeing as Chris and I had just came back from Miami only to leave again.

Chris chuckled behind me and rest an arm on my waist. "Ready to go home?" he asked, a hint of something hidden slipping through his voice.

I nodded and we started walking to the limo. Gerald sat at the front with the driver and Christian, as usual made us sit in the back.

"We'll be meeting Mr Gean at the house. He's been doing some
work there," he informed as the
car pulled off. I nodded and
looked out the window.

Things are really starting to fall
in place. I honestly can't wait to
start working even through my
displeasure that it was Christian
he went to first.

I noticed that we were not
heading in the direction of our
home and looked over at my
husband confused.

"Chris?" I called and he looked at
me with a smile. "Why aren't we
on our way home?"

He just winked but remained
silent. He didn't even tell me not
to question him which is
something I've become
accustomed to.

Soon we were pulling up to a
secluded area. I gasped as I took
in the house right outside the
window. It was beautiful; white
picker fence, a pool in the front
yard, a beautiful green lawn.

The house itself was left bare
brick on the outside, two stories
and a lovely wrap around
balcony on the second floor.

"Where is this place?" I heard
myself ask. Chris simply chuckles
and hands me a small box.
Confused, I opened it to reveal a
pair of keys.