Chapter 20: Trip?

Chloe:

It's been two days since the dinner with the Humphreys. They're a really nice family so I don't really get how Christian fits in with them.

Christian and I are still trying to explore this attraction we have for each other and it's not really perfect.

For the past few months of knowing him, I could tell that he really is trying to be the doting 'fiancé' but it's kind of hard with work demanding so much of his attention.

I still don't get his intentions for marrying me. I'm an ordinary Latina girl with nothing going for her except good grades and a dream I so desperately want to accomplish.

Today, Rachel, once again, has dragged me along with her to go shopping with her. I swear, this girl can never have enough clothes. She barely even uses them; they always end up in my closet.

Yes, you heard me right. It's sad to say that most of the clothes I own is courtesy of my crazy best friend! "Chica estupida. Comprando estupida. El centro comercial esTUPIDA!! "

Rachel chuckled. "Relax, Chlo. It's just a shopping trip. It ain't gonna kill ya." I scowled in her direction and stomped over to a stool outside one of the dressing rooms.

"Why are you sitting there, Latina?" she asked when she got to me. I gave her a confused look. "Aren't you gonna try those on?" I asked pointing at the clothes.

She sniggered and rolled her eyes. "Course not, silly. These are for you. My asshole brother called this morning and ordered me to take you shopping for clothes."

I stood from the seat and blinked at her. "Why? I've got enough to last me a lifetime."

"Those old things? You can't go Miami in that. You need fresh style... "

"Whoa! Ray, whoa! What in the jibbers are you talking about?" I spoked over her before she could rant.

"Shit!" she swore. "Sorry, babe but you gotta sort that shit out with your soon-to-be husband. Now come on."

•~~~~~•💍•~~~~~•

As soon as I got home, my phone rang. It was none other than Christian Humphrey himself. Grumbling as I watched Lisa and mom pack my suitcases, I clicked the answer button.

"Care to explain why mi mama y hermana are packing my bags?" was the first thing to come out my mouth.

"Are you questioning me, Chloe?" he growled, "What did I say about questioning me?"

"Yes. Problem?" I honestly don't know where this sudden confidence was coming from but I guess it's from my irritation. I haven't felt that in years.

"I didn't call you to start a fight, Chloe. I just called to say be ready in ten. I'm coming to get you. Make sure you are!" and then he clicked the end button.

I instantly felt bad about what just happened. I didn't even know if he was planning something. Maybe a getaway. A week or two to relax.

I glanced at my suitcase and decided that was what it is. Sighing, I got dressed quickly and applied slight make-up.

Just as I finished putting on mascara, Christian walked into my room. I turned to meet him quickly but it was if he didn't even notice me.

Mama and Lisa gave me a kiss goodbye and then left the room, leaving me and Christian in the room alone.

He crossed his arms and gave me a pointed look. "Don't you think owe me an apology, young lady?" He rose a brow at me.

"Don't talk to me that way. I'm not a child." I mumbled. He huffed a laugh and took a step toward me.