Drew

So thankful for over 380 reads and over 170 votes. Ily all❤❤❤

*********

Emma

"Yes, I found somebody. I sent him a text, he said he's going to meet us here. His name is Mr. Andrew. I just hope he helps us." I tell Lenore and we're in the same park that we were in on Friday last week.

"Wow, Em. You took a big risk! How'd you get the number? Or better yet, how'd you get him to come here?"

"Dad travelled on Saturday. I almost got it that day, but Ruby's mom was there. But yesterday, she took Ruby out and I realized it was my chance. Thank goodness they don't lock their door. Imagine, it was right on top of all the files in dad's cabinet! It was like destiny was trying to help us." I say, and Lenore starts to laugh.

"What's so funny, Lenny?"

She points at me and continues laughing, tapping her knees in the process. "You keep calling her Ruby's mom. But you call Ruby's dad Dad. It's funny."

I roll my eyes and hit her arm. I feel a presence and when I look up, I see a man wearing a three piece suit and a black fedora and he's holding a black briefcase.

Lenore sees him too and she stiffens. Probably thinks he's a kidnapper.

"Hey, girls. I'm Mr. Andrew."

Lenore

Whew. For a second, I thought my life here on earth was over. This is the Mr. Andrew? Will he really help us find our mother? I hope so.

"Oh. You came." I say, sounding so unenthusiastic. I don't know why, but my gut just doesn't trust this dude.

"Of course I did. May I sit?" He asks, gesturing to the park bench where Em and I are sitting on. Emma nods. He sits and then opens his briefcase, bringing out a notepad and a pen.

"So before we get to the reason you needed my services, may I know how you got my number?" He asks and I freeze, looking at Emma. She doesn't even budge, she's still looking confident. Usually, it's the other way around. I used to be the one who remained confident. And I'm happy that she's finally learning how to be in the drivers seat.

"Oh, that. A cousin of mine has heard about you. So, I asked him to help me find some information about you." She says, and I want to laugh. She's lying right through her incredibly white teeth. Her teeth are really white, does she brush 4 times a day or something? She probably flosses or she...snap out of it, Lenore!

Mr Andrew looks at Emma like he knows she's lying, but he doesn't say anything about it.

"Okay then. What's your situation?" He asks.

This is where I decide to cut in. "Look, we need this to remain discreet. We don't need anyone knowing about it."

He smiles at me and says, "Sure, I do not discuss my cases to everyone I see on the road." I sense sarcasm in his voice, but I just nod.

"Okay, Mr Andrew, we-" Emma is cut off by Mr Andrew saying, "Please. Call me Drew."

Emma fake smiles and continues, "Drew. We need to find our birth mom."

"Uh huh. Why?"

"We just need to find her. Are our reasons necessary?" I ask harshly.

Emma gives me a glance. "Sorry." I tell him.

"It's fine, Miss...?"

"Lenore. She's Emma." I say as calmly as possible. He nods.

*********

After the whole talk with Drew, he promises to give some feedback when he can. He doesn't know when he'll find her, but with the information we've given him, he says he'll do all he can.

School ends in two weeks! I cannot believe I'm going to be in college very soon. It's so unreal. Would I have ever thought I'd see my sister again?

Drew is still on my mind. I told Emma that I didn't really trust him and she said she didn't really trust him too. But she assured me that he'd do a good job. I sure hope he does, because it's really essential we find our mom.

Emma and I walking back to our homes and then I see...Harry? What's he doing in this area? It's close to the ice cream shop, but he doesn't really go through places like this.

He spots me too. "Lenny? Why weren't you at the shop? I was waiting for a long time, but I'm tired already." His eyes find Emma's and he says, "Hello. Emma, right?"

Well, duh.

"Nope, I have another sister who looks like me too. Dummy." I say and roll my eyes. They both laugh.

"Yeah. I'm Emma." She says and he nods quickly. It's getting awkward really fast so I say, "I haven't started working there, Harry. I went to the park. We don't want Mr Tony to become suspicious."

"Well, you should have told me Lenny." He goes to 'big brother' mode and I roll my eyes again.

I notice Emma is looking away from Harry and I and I giggle. Somebody's shy.

"So, uh, you're heading home?" He asks her but she doesn't realize. I nudge her arm and she regains herself. "Oh, me? Yes. My brother is probably looking for me right now."

"I'd love to meet him someday." Harry tells her and she nods.

Have you ever been in the midst of two people who are obviously attracted to each other and they're talking and you're there looking at them awkwardly?

That's what's happening to me right now.

"Okay, you two. Stop acting so weird." I say and Emma laughs. I hug her and tell her to go home safely.

********

"Your sister's pretty." Harry says out of nowhere when we're both eating dinner alone. Mom and Dad aren't still home.

"Well, of course she is. We're both pretty." I say and flip my hair.

He pretends to choke on his water and I glare at him.

"You wish." He says and we both start laughing.

Unknown person's POV

"Did you find out where they both live, Quincy?"

"Yes, boss. I've found the woman too. What are we going to do now?" He asks.

"Simple. We wait. And then when the time is right, we strike."

*******

A/n: hey loves.

Did you like this?

Hope you do❤

Please vote and comment. Thanks❤❤