Phone calls

Emma

Yesterday was wonderful. I got to spend more time with my sister. I even saw...Harry.

And I know we're so close to finding our mom. Yes, yesterday was a wonderful day. Until Ruby's mom warned me never to see Lenore again. I was shocked at first. I asked her how she knew, and she didn't answer me.

I have to talk to Lenore now. I haven't been able to do anything since I came back from school today. I've just been thinking about her. How is she? What's she doing now? She'll probably think her twin sister is some jerk who just decided to start ditching her after just a week of meeting each other.

I sigh and then I hear my phone ringing. It's an unknown number and I still pick up.

"Hey, who is this?" I ask.

"Is this Emma?" A brisk voice asks me. I don't recognize the voice, though.

"Uh, yeah. Who are you?"

"It's Harry." He says and my pulse races.

What am I going to say?

"Oh, uh, Hi." I really don't know what to say and I have no idea why he called. I didn't recognize his voice, because I've only seen him once.

"Yeah. So our parents kinda found out that you and Lenny have been seeing each other. And they grounded us both. I don't know how, and neither does Lenore. She has been in her room since we came back from school. She refused to eat. She's just so unhappy. And she doesn't even want to talk to anybody, even you. She's very upset." He explains and my breath hitches.

Who in the world is giving them information about us? What do they have against us seeing each other? Now I know that Lenore and I are alike. We both refuse to eat when we're either sad, angry or stressed.

"My parents know too. They said the same thing. It took me by surprise too. Is she okay?"

I hope she is. If I know she's fine, then I'll be fine too.

"I don't know. She's avoiding me. Are you okay?" He asks softly and I nod.

Nod? Wow, I'm stupid. How can he see me nodding through the phone?

"You there?" He asks

"Yes. Yes, sorry. I'm here. And I'm fine, I guess. I'm just not happy with what's happening here." I tell him honestly and I can hear his rapid breathing through the phone.

"I'm so sorry, Emma. I can't imagine what you both must be going through right now. Seeing each other after such a long time and now being stopped from even talking to each other. I wonder how they know about it, though."

"It's going to be okay, Harry. It's a shame you're grounded too. You could have helped me with Drew. But I guess its fine. We'll soon graduate and by that time, I hope this all dies down." I sigh.

"I sure hope so too. I'll try to talk to Lenore again. I just hope she opens up to me. I have to go, now." He says and I nod again, forgetting he can't see me.

"Uh, yes, okay, cool."

Yes, okay, cool? You're so insane, Em.

"If you hear any news from Drew, don't hesitate to call me, so I can inform Lenny."

"Of course, Harry. Bye." I say slowly.

"Bye, good night." He says and I smile. The line goes dead.

There are so many things on my mind. From school work, to searching for my mom, to not seeing Lenore again, to thinking of whoever is telling our parents about Lenore and I seeing each other. It's just so confusing.

There's obviously somebody ratting us out. The only people who know are Harry, Rick and Lana.

Lana.

She has been complaining that I haven't been seeing her a lot since the day I saw Lenny. But how would she tell Lenore's parents? Does she know them?

And then I snap out of it. I can't believe I'm considering that my best friend did something like that.

Rick. He minds his own business. Besides he doesn't even know I go to see her everyday.

I just can't put my finger on it.

**********

On Friday morning, three days of not seeing Lenore, when I'm preparing for school, my phone rings.

"Hi, Drew."

"Good morning, Miss Landon. I found your mother yesterday. I wanted to call you, but I just fell asleep quickly. It's been quite a hectic week."

I drop my tube of gloss to the ground. "You found her? Where?  When? How? She's been in the city all this while? How's that even possible?"

He chuckles. "Calm down, Miss Landon. I'll tell you everything you need to know when you and your sister come to that park we met in the other day. I'll explain everything there. You can come after school, can't you?" He asks.

Lenore is still grounded. Well, there's absolute no harm in her sneaking out for a few hours. It's worth seeing her mom. Her mom. Someone she hasn't seen in years. Someone I haven't seen in years. Goosebumps appear on my skin. I'm so deep in thought that I forget to even reply Drew.

"Oh. Yes. We sure can. We'll be seeing you."

"Okay then. Bye." He cuts the call. My insides are tingling. It's so unreal. Surreal. Whatever you can call it. I just can't believe it. All our questions will finally be answered.

A knock on my door interrupts my thoughts. I don't even say come in when Ruby barges into my room. So rude.

"Mom is calling you down for breakfast, stranger." She says, walks out and slam my door closed.

Brat.

*****

A/n: lol, so I decided to grace you all with Ruby's angelic presence. Note the sarcasm.

Anyways, hi. Lol.

The story is just getting good, I think. Lol. I think after 14 more chapters until it comes to an end.

How was this?

Good?

Comment and vote. Thank you❤