Quit

The next day, I walked into work, carrying nothing but a heavy heart.

I had been thinking too much. 

My mom called last night. She too had saw the photo. She was worried.

"Mom, I'm fine," I said, lying. That was hard. Lying to my own mother.

"Lincoln, you need to take better care of your body. It's a temple, you know?"

I sighed, listening to my mothers yoga talk. "I gotcha mom. Can do. I gotta go. I'll talk to you later?"

She laughed, "Of course son. Be good. I love you."

"I love you too."

Mom.

It'd been almost a year and a half since I had hugged my mother. She lived back home in North Carolina. Rhett and I came to California to pursue this work of ours. YouTube.

I missed how simple life used to be. I missed my home. I missed my family. 

I loved it up here in Cali, but deep down, I wanted nothing more than to be in the arms of my mother right now.

Rhett was at the desk when I walked onto set. Sitting in his chair on the right. 

"Morning," he said. He was playing a game on his phone while sipping his coffee.

"Hey," I sat down next to him. We waited for the crew to finish setting up for the days episode. 

I watched Rhett out of the corner of my eye. His tired eyes blinked, his long fingers tapped nonsense onto a screen, his hair moved ever so slightly with him. I would never get over this man. No matter how hard I tried. But I couldn't have him. I never would.

"We're ready!" Stevie announced from the other side of the room. Morgan had the camera facing us. A little red dot on and ready.

"Five, four, three, two..."

Smile Link.

"One."

"Can you tell a real laugh from a fake one?" Rhett asked happily.

Say it Link...Say it. But I couldn't.

"I'm sorry," I said instead.

Everyone was looking at me now. The room was quiet. I could feel myself giving into the sadness and self loathing. I was broken.

"I'm sorry," I said louder this time, "Rhett, I never meant for any of this to happen. I miss you so fucking much. Why is this to easy for you? Why can't I move on?"

I looked at him, hopeful. He didn't make a sound. He was looking at me though. He was embarrassed.

I shook my head, anger overcoming me.

"I quit."

Then I left. I didn't bother to look back. I knew that if I did, I would change my mind and then I'd feel more guilt. So I ran away from the problems looming over me. 

I ran away from him.

-------------------

Okay, I know I've been gone for a while now. But maybe this will help. Not sure how I feel about the chapter so tell me your thoughts down below, please! I would love to know. Hopefully I'm about to get back into the swing of things. 

Not sure how much I'll update today, but I am almost positive that in the next few days there will be very little updates because Hurricane Irma is headed my way. In the case that I don't lose power though, be looking. 

I'm in Georgia though, so, it's supposed to hit soon. We'll see what happens. Wish me and my family luck, you guys! Please and thank you!

Thanks for reading you guys! You're great! I love you all so much!

Sending good vibes! 

Thanks for being your mythical best!

-Robin