Princess

It had been three months since I last kissed Rhett. 

It has been three long months of wishing that he would fall for me again. Hoping we would lock eyes and everything would change. Dreaming of a moment when we would bump hands only to have that fireworks sensation remind him of what we once had. 

But nothing had happened between us. 

We were still just friends and while I loved every second of being by Rhett's side, I always had the thought in the back of my mind.

I love this man but he doesn't love me back.   

It was almost as if those few months had never happened. 

I had started to hang out with the crew more, finding time to connect with other people who I knew would support me through anything. People like Rhett.

I joined Mike and Alex for dinner one night, went to a movie with John and Jen, and even went shopping with Ellie and Lizzie. I had become a third wheel like no other.

But I enjoyed the company. They never left me out of conversation and always asked for my opinion. I felt good about walking into work each morning and I never failed to tell the crew what a great job they were doing. 

I felt brand new, even though my heart was still in pieces. 

Rhett and I had also started going  for walks together on the sunny days, letting the outside air fill our lungs. We would talk about work mostly, but occasionally we would find ourselves talking about the future. 

Once he told me that he was going to build a man cave for the both of us in his basement. This made me smile.

"Oh really? And what shall be in this man cave?" I asked, grinning dumbly.

He shrugged, "Whatever you want, Princess." 

I blushed, remembering the few times he had called me Princess while we were together. 

Looking at Rhett, I could see the shock in his own face.

Why had he said that? I knew it was just a slip up. But hearing him call me that brought back so much. 

"I'm sorry," he said, as we turned the corner. I shook my head, "Don't be."

And that was that. But in my head I was playing memories of the times Rhett had taken care of me, looked over me, protected me from all the things that could possibly crush me.

He was too good for me, yet he stayed.

Why did he stay?

How was I worth it?

------------

Not sure how I feel about this one. Kinda just a filler. Eh.

Thanks for reading! I love you guys! 

Thanks for being your mythical best!

-Robin