Boyfriend

Two weeks later, I asked Rhett to be more than just my date. 

It was a Thursday, which meant mail time in Good Mythical More. We were filming the episode like normal. Jen brought out the mail, while we sang the song. It was just like any other day, and then it happened. Rhett made eye contact with me.

It was so strong, so intense. It was as if he were trying to look through me and into another universe. Then the song was over, and he was still starring at me. There was not much emotion to his features but I could tell he was thinking about us. I could see something no one else could.

He continued to stare, and I stared back, until I felt my eyes grow watery. I forgot to blink.

The crew was silent around us. Jen had stopped unpacking the mail, Stevie wasn't giggling in the background, and Rhett was still. Our world had stopped.

I could see the red light blinking on the camera out of the corner of my eye. We were recording this. Right then and there, I knew that keeping us a secret was going to be harder than telling everyone. So I cleared my throat, and I grabbed Rhett's hand casually. 

He didn't flinch, instead, he smiled. 

It seemed so odd to me. The way it happened. There was no touching before hand, no talk about getting together, nothing to insinuate our relationship, it just happened. It felt right and I acted on impulse. 

The crew didn't make a noise, they were watching though. You could feel the confusion in the air. You could practically taste it.

Rhett sat the guitar down, and pulled me towards him. It was a funny feeling. I was anxious and enlightened. I felt sick but it was okay, because he was holding my hand and that made it all better.

"Rhett," I whispered, squeezing his hand in mine, "I think you'd make a great boyfriend."

He chuckled under his breath, "That's funny. I was just thinking the same about you."

I pushed my glasses up, aware of the red hue creeping to my face, but not embarrassed, "I think you should be my boyfriend. What do you say?"

He just smiled and pulled me in for a hug. His body molded over mine so well. I felt like cake being smothered in icing.

Then there was clapping. Jen was clapping, Stevie was clapping, the entire crew was clapping and it was a beautiful moment. There were smiles painted across the room like a mural. I felt like a princess at her ball. 

Rhett pulled away from me, only to kiss my cheek, and then wrap me back up in his arms.

It happened so fast, so unexpected. It felt so unreal.

But when Rhett kissed me that night, I knew it was.

-----------

Short chapter. How do you guys feel about it? Tell me below! 

Thank you for hanging in there. The updates are going to be a little more slow now that I have a job. But I hope you guys can stand it.

You're all amazing! I love you!

Thanks for being your mythical best!

-Robin