Viral

Filming Good Mythical Morning felt like a chore at this point. As much as I loved our fans, and as much as I wanted to give back to them, I just wasn't in it.

I couldn't concentrate and several times throughout the process, I would get a stare from Stevie or a bump on the leg from Rhett, bringing me back to reality.

After every episode, I went to the bathroom. I would hold the edge of the sink and stare at myself in the mirror. Sometimes I cried, while other times I couldn't find it in me.

Things were progressing rather quickly.

My passion for life was dying along with the skin of where my new scars rested. I felt more urges now, not only for the heat of the flames but for the sickening feeling of the pain that followed.

I was losing it.

I found myself rubbing at the sore spots on my thighs, remembering the reason that they were there and wanting to forget. 

Days went by without anyone noticing how off I was.

I wasn't sleeping right, I wasn't eating, I couldn't keep up with work, and I was genuinely afraid of the person I was becoming. 

It was hard to get out of bed in the morning, having only slept a wink. I couldn't stomach my mini wheats, and filming the show was like being locked in a cage. I couldn't fight it.

But then, all at once, I became visible to the world. It started with one photo and then the entire community knew something was wrong with little ole' me.

A girl had secretly taken a picture of me while I was out running one night. You could see the bags under my eyes, the worry, the pain, the hunger. The only thing not visible were the scars.

The tweet she sent out was retweeted more times than I had followers. It was almost like it had gone viral. Everyone had seen it. 

People began tweeting me, sending direct messages like rapid fire. It was overwhelming. 

The only photo in my feed was that monstrous one of yours truly.

I knew the crew had to have seen it. They were probably getting messages just like I was. Rhett too.

But Rhett would ask, unlike them. He knew how to get through to me. 

He called me right after he saw the photo. 

"Link, are you okay?" he asked.

I laughed, "I'm fine Rhett. I was just exercising. No one looks good doing that."

He was hesitant, then he sighed, "You'd tell me if something was really bothering you, right?"

He could smell bullshit through a phone.

"Yes Rhett."

He talked to me for a while after that. Probably worried.

I sat on my couch, in my boxers, holding an unlit match. 

I twiddled it between my index finger and thumb, while I listened to Rhett tell me all about his day.

Nothing felt better.

---------

Update! Yay! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter and I really hope you're enjoying the story! Please leave any thoughts down below! I'd love to know what you think!

Thank you all for being your mythical best!

- Robin