Kiss Me

We never finished that episode of more. We decided to just leave the main episode as it was and brushed it off. Everyone was in too weird of a mood now for us to act normally anyhow.

I was still holding Rhett's hand. He was rubbing his thumb over my knuckles, watching me out of the corner of his eye.

I heard the whispers spreading around the room, I felt the stares. I knew we had to give them some explanation. The crew was almost like family to us. 

"That was unexpected," I giggled, standing from my seat. Rhett held onto me though, following suit.

"I guess everyone wants to know how this happened..." Rhett started for me. I watched as more of the crew joined us, crowding in around the desk. I wasn't claustrophobic, but if I was, I would be in hell.

I looked at Stevie, who had the biggest smile on her face. She knew what if felt like to come out. In our case, it was liberating.

We told them everything we could. Everything we were comfortable sharing. We didn't go into detail but by the sounds of the audience, their awes and laughs, we did alright.

The crew was happy. There was no backlash, no remarks, nothing. Rhett and I were a thing now, and they took it in stride.

Once Rhett and I were back in the office, I felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders.

It was just him and me now, smiling at each other like two kids who were just told they were going to Disneyland.

"That was something, huh?" he said, taking a seat on the couch. I laughed, "Yeah, it was..."

"Who knew it'd happen at that desk," he continued. I shrugged, joining him on the couch. 

"That's where our best work happens," I grinned.

"You're absolutely right," he said.

The rest of the day was easy. No one worked too hard but everyone finished their jobs. Smiles and laughs were shared throughout the building. Everyone was someone's friend that day, and it was magical.

Once the last employee was out the door, Rhett took my hand and dragged me back to the desk. 

I was confused, but I didn't question him. 

He sat in his seat and motioned for me to sit in mine. I did.

"Link, I wanted to say something..."

I nodded, running my hand through my long dark hair, "Yeah?"

"Or...I wanted to...do something..."

I raised a brow, resting my elbow on the desk, "Do what?"

My stomach was queasy but I trusted Rhett. I knew whatever was about to happen would be okay. It was always okay.

"I want to kiss you Link..."

He looked hopeful and bright eyed. His hair was messy from the long day and he had bags under his eyes. He looked beautiful. 

"I know we just got together, but I just started thinking and...Like you said, our best work happens here...I know it's sudden and maybe rushed but..." he couldn't find the words.

My heart was racing now. I felt the heat in my body reach it's maximum and I felt sick.

What if he doesn't like the way I kiss or...what if my breath smells bad or..what if this changes the way Rhett thinks of me? 

These things piled to the brim of my brain to a point where I couldn't even speak. 

Then I heard Rhett sigh, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked." So I pushed my thoughts away and choked out the words, "Kiss me."

He looked at me then, wide eyed and expectant, "What?"

"Kiss me, Rhett."

It wasn't a second later that I felt Rhett's warm lips on mine. They were soft and he was gentle. It all felt so right. My body was tingling and I felt love that I had never felt before. It was one of the most incredible feelings I had ever experienced.

When he pulled away, I couldn't help but laugh. He looked at me and joined in.

We just laughed. Joy coated our lungs and our hearts, and we were happy.

We never talked about what it felt like, because we didn't need to. It was done.

We left Mythical Entertainment that night with full hearts and smiles on our faces.

------------

New chapter! Thanks for reading! You're amazing!

Thanks for being your mythical best!

-Robin

(PS. Leave your thoughts in the comments! I'd love to read them!)