42

-Vanessa

I laugh as Knight tugs as the rope in my hands. We're playing on the living room floor while Ashton is in the kitchen talking with Calum and Luke.

Michael is in the bathroom. Danielle, Rebecca and Hayley are shopping for something. I don't know. Ashton was talking to them about it earlier and showing them something on his phone. I was too busy taking care of Knight to see what it was.

Ashton and the guys walk back in and look to me. I smile up at Ashton.

He gives me a small smile and I notice it's kind of a sad smile. My eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"Is everything okay?"I ask. "Yeah, everything is fine. I'm leaving though."he says and jams his hands in his pockets. I feel my heart drop to my stomach.

"Oh."

He nods slowly and sighs. Calum nudges Luke and nods towards the kitchen. "What?"he hisses. "Give them some alone time!"Calum says and drags Luke with him back to where they came from.

I stand up from Knight, leaving him to chew on the rope.

Ashton makes his way to me with a small smile on his face. I can feel tears sting at my eyes. "No, don't cry pumpkin. Please."he whispers and places a hand on my cheek. A tear falls from my eye anyways as I gaze up at him.

This might be the last time I see Ashton... my uncle is the most crazy man I know. He could kill him...

"Hey, everything is going to be okay. Alright?"he whispers softly and rubs my cheek. I stay silent. "V, nothing is going to happen to me."he says and laces our fingers together.

I look up at him and part my lips to speak.

He sets his forehead on mine gently and rubs my knuckles.

"Promise?"I whisper and choke on my tears, another one falling from my eye.

"I promise, pumpkin. I'll come home to you."he says softly and wipes my tears away again. I nod and wrap my arms around him tightly. He kisses my head softly and wraps his arms around me.

"Ashton. We gotta go."

We both look behind him and see Michael standing beside a broken-hearted Danielle. She sniffles and shoots me a small smile. I smile back and nod. Rebecca and Hayley stand behind them with sad looks.

"Okay."he sighs and looks back at me.

I gaze up into his eyes and my heart cracks.

He presses a long and passionate kiss onto my lips and I can tell...this might be our last.

I kiss him back with as much love as possible only for him to break away from me and grab his bag off the couch.

"Okay. Bye, pumpkin."he smiles cheekily. I can't help but laugh and roll my eyes. "Bye Ashton."I sigh. He sticks out his tongue at me and laughs. I cross my eyes and laugh.

He rubs my cheek softly and steps back away from me and towards Michael. Danielle stands beside me and wipes her eyes.

"Bye Dani."he sighs. She waves.

They walk out and we hear the door close.

Luke and Calum come out of the kitchen. Hayley smiles and walks over to Luke. He wraps an arm around her and kisses her head.

We all stand in the awkward and tense air.

Luke and I still have tension. I still feel like punching in the nose and breaking his legs off before continuously beating him with them. He hasn't even apologised. Calum on the other hand, is a close friend to me. He's saved my life and is very nice to me.

I can sense some kind of void between Calum and Rebecca though. Weird? She has a small frown on her face as she eyes Calum. He has his eyes glued to the floor.

Luke eyes me from across the room while I reject his stare.

He can go fuck himself if he thinks just because he's staying here means he can talk to me.

"Let's order a pizza, yeah?"Rebecca coughs out with a stiff smile. I smile and nod. "Yeah. That sounds like a good idea."Danielle sighs.

"I'll be in my room."I say and start walking towards the stairs. "I'm coming with you."Rebecca says and follows behind me. I smile and nod.

---------------------------

lol hi again.

i'm horrible at updating but here you go anyways :)

-Jenna