14

-Vanessa

I wake up to the sound a door slamming downstairs. I ignore it and keep my closed.

"VANESSA!"

I ignore the sound of Ashton's yelling and cuddle into the blankets.

My door swings open and my eyes slightly open to see him standing there with an angry face. "Explain to me. Now."he shouts. I slowly sit up and rub the sleep from my eyes. "Mm, what time is it?"I mumble. "Answer me!"he yells, making me wince.

"What?"I ask sheepishly. "What was Jared doing there at the park? Did you set it up?"he asks, slowly walking towards me. I roll my eyes.

Calum wasn't kidding when he said he was telling Ashton. Wow.

"No, Ashton, I didn't set anything up. He just happened to be at the park."I say. "Really? Look me in the eye and tell me the truth, Vanessa. I know when you're lying."he says and tilts my head up to look at him.

"I didn't know Jared would be there. I'm serious."I say and raise my eyebrows. He narrows his eyes. "Hm. You aren't lying."he says and let's go of my chin. I nod. "Yeah. And now I'm gonna go back to sleep, okay?"I sigh, rolling back into the bed.

He grabs my wrist and pulls me back up. I groan and shoot a glare at him. He smiles. "Give me a hug, I missed you."he chuckles. I roll my eyes and hide the fact that he's being absolutely adorable. I lean up and wrap my arms around him. He hugs me back and presses a kiss on my head.

I lazily lay my head on his chest. "I love you, Vanessa. You know that right?"he asks. I look up at him and narrow my eyes. "No, no. I think I'm just now getting that through my head after the first 200 times you've said it."I say with sarcasm laced in my voice. He laughs and shakes his head. "You're funny."he says.

He leans down and presses his lips against mine and just like that I melt into putty. Metaphorically, of course. I press my lips against his and bring myself closer to him, causing him to smile.

I separate from him quickly and widen my eyes.

What the fuck is happening to me?

"Did you just kiss me back? And on purpose? And you liked it!"he chuckles. I shake my head, running a hand through my hair. "No, stop."I mumble. He takes my hands. "No! This is good, don't you see?"he says softly and looks into my eyes.

No, what the fuck?

"N-no, this isn't good.... You're my kidnapper. You kidnapped me."I say bluntly. His smile turns into a hurt expression.

"Why won't you just at least try to be happy with me?"he asks, growing annoyed.

"Because it's not right! Ashton, you kidnapped me! I know absolutely nothing about you and you know nearly everything about me! You took me away from my family and friends! I'll never graduate now! I'll never get to do anything with my life! Do you understand how twisted this is?"I yell.

I notice he's now looking down at the floor with red eyes and a torn look on his face.

My heart slightly hurts at the sight of him but I.... I don't care.

"But..... I love you."he whispers and looks back up at me.

Damn it, those fucking eyes.

"No, you don't. You've 'known' me for 3 years and never had an actual conversation with me. Maybe if you would have approached me like a normal person things would've been different. But instead, here we are."I say.

He squeezes his eyes shut and balls up his fists. "No. Don't say that.".

"Say what-"

"Don't say I'm not a normal person. I did all of this for you, Vanessa. The house, the decorations, everything! I did all of this because I love you and I want you to be as happy as possible here because I'm not letting you go. I love you and you're mine now. So that's that. Get comfortable here because you aren't going anywhere. This is your home now and I am your family. It's just you and me, only us. If you ever even think about trying to escape I'll make you suffer. You thought the whipping was bad? Babe you haven't seen the half of it. Now with that being said, I'm going to go make breakfast and I'll call you down when it's ready."he finishes.

He storms out of the room and slams the door.

I feel myself hyperventilating and hot tears begin streaming down my face.

I look around the room for something to throw but there's not much. I take the closest thing near me, a lamp, and throw it at the wall.

It smashes and scatters across the floor, being left in tiny bits and pieces. I see one of the shards that are large enough to cut with.

I lift it into my hand and stare down at it....

------------------------

TRIGGER WARNING FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER---