25

-Ashton

I pull into the driveway and turn off the car. We sit in silence.

What is there to say? I would say sorry but... I just.... don't think I should. She's already pissed at me and I'm still kinda mad at her too.

I keep my gaze in front of me even though I can see her from me peripheral vision. She looks upset from what I can see.

I open my mouth to speak but she open her door and gets out, slamming the door. I sigh and get out, following her into the house.

"Where are you going?"I ask, watching her walk upstairs. "To bed, I'm tired."she says, refusing to look my way. I quickly walk to her and grab her hand, causing her to jerk back into my arms.

She quickly wiggles out of my grip and turns back to me. "What?"she hisses.

I'm taken aback by the tone in her voice.

I mean I knew she was pissed but damn.

I stare into her eyes and she does the same with me but it's more of a glare.

"What is it, Ashton?"she asks, crossing her arms.

What do I want?....

I look away and try to think of a way to stop her. She rolls her eyes and turns away from me before continuing her way up the stairs. I watch her leave, angry.

I understand why. I would be mad at myself too.

---

-Vanessa

I'm in my normal and comfortable pajamas. My bra and underwear.

I turn off my lamp light and lay down in my bed. My eyes close and a sigh of relief falls from my lips. This is the most relaxed I've felt since I've been here. No noises, no having to worry about being hurt, no having to think about Ashton and what he's gonna do next.

Ugh, Ashton.

I can't believe I called him my boyfriend. I'm gonna pretend I didn't say that. I'll never bring it up and hopefully he'll forget all about it.

---

I find myself tossing and turning. I feel cold and alone.

It's cause you need Ashton, you lonely bitch.

I ignore my self conscious and stare up at the ceiling. Nothing. I look over to my alarm clock and see it's now 4:15 am.

Why can't I sleep?!

You need--

Shut up, I know... I just don't want to. But if I need sleep I gotta do what I gotta do.

I roll out of my bed and notice I'm only wearing my bra and undies. Well, nothing he hasn't seen before.

I slowly walk to my door and open it. The hallway is dark but I know my way to Ashton's room. I walk down the hall and stare down at his doorknob.

Well, it's now or never...

I slowly turn it and creak his door open.

I slide in and see his back is facing me while he sleeps. I close the door and sigh.

"Ashton?"I say quietly but loud enough for him to hear. He stays asleep.

"Ashton."I say his name again. He grunts before turning around and looking at me. He wipes his eyes and sits up before really looking up at me.

He sees what I'm wearing and his eyes widen. "Vanessa, what're you doing up?"he whisper. "Sorry... I can't sleep."I whisper and back myself up into the door. He runs a hand through his hair and sighs. "It's okay, come here."he says and opens his arms.

I slowly make my way towards him and take his hand. He pulls me down on top of him causing me to sit on his lap.

"What's wrong? Why can't you sleep?"he asks softly.

Because of you...

"I don't know."I shrug. He runs his fingers down my arm softly. "V, listen-"

"I didn't mean to call you my boyfriend earlier... I mean I did but, that doesn't mean anything. Right?"I blurt. He chews on his bottom lip while staring at mine.

"I love you, Nessa.... last time I asked you if you feel anything for me. Do you still feel the same?"he asks.

My heart skips a beat and my breathing hitches.

"Yeah... I do."I admit.

"Do you...feel anything more than that?"he asks with hope filled in his eyes.

Be honest with yourself, Vanessa. For once. Why do you always worry about him? Why do you always love it when you kiss him? Why do you enjoy being around him- well- most times?

"Ness?"

I look into his eyes and take a deep breath. "Ashton?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

----------------------------