17

-Vanessa

"Babe! Could you come down here!"Ashton yells from downstairs. I open my door and walk myself down the hallway and down the staircase.

"Yeah?"

"Guess what I got!"he smiles across the room with a large box in his arms.

He gently sets it down and I notice 3 large holes poked in the lid.

I slowly walk towards it. "What is this?"I whisper. "Open it."he smiles and steps back. I lift the lid off of it and a small German shepherd sits there, sniffing around. I widen my eyes and a yelp falls from my mouth.

"Oh my God! Ashton! You got me a puppy?!"I laugh out and feel tears in my eyes. I lift the small pup into my arms and bounce him. He laughs. "Yeah. He's gonna grow up and be the guard dog."he says.

Joy fills my soul. He hit my sweet spot. Puppies.

"Do you like him?"he asks. "Are you kidding me? I love him!"I say and kiss the pup's head.

Ashton walks up to me with a large smile. "That's great. What are you gonna name him?"he asks and looks at the dog.

He looks up at us with his tail wagging rapidly.

"Let's call him Knight. Like a knight in shining armor."I say. He nods and runs his hand down my back softly. "Knight Lanely... or Knight Irwin."he chuckles. "Irwin. My last name sounds weird."I say and set the dog down.

He nods and smiles down at me. I look up at him and smile back. "Thanks, Ashton."I say. He nods. I press a quick kiss on his lips before turning my attention back to Knight.

I see that he grins from ear to ear from the corner of my eye.

----

-Ashton

We sit in the living room as it turns 9 o'clock. Vanessa plays with Knight beside the fireplace as I sit across the room on the couch.

This is the happiest I've seen her since she's got here. Her eyes are filled with pure joy and her smile is as real as gold.

"Look Knight! You see the ball? You see it? Go get it!"she says and tosses the ball across the room. He skids across the floor, chasing it.

I walk over towards Vanessa and her smile lessens. "Hey, it's getting kinda late. Did you wanna go to bed?"I ask. She looks back at the dog and shrugs. "Sure, can Knight sleep with us?"she asks and looks back up at me. I nod.

"Yeah, of course."I say and take her hand. She stands up beside me and looks up into my eyes. "No one but you. Right?"she asks quietly.

She must be referencing to what I told her earlier.

"Yeah. No one but me. I'm the only one, babe."I says and softly run my hand down her arm. She nods and calls Knight over. He gallops into her arms with the small tennis ball in his mouth.

She smiles and pets him before looking back up at me with a smile.

I take her hand and we go upstairs to my room. "We're sleeping in... your room?"she asks with a confused look. "Yeah. Is there a problem?"I ask. "No, I just usually sleep in my room."she points down the hall. "Well tonight you're sleeping in my room. With me."I smile. She nods.

-----------------------

THIS IS A SUCKY FILLER CHAPTER BUT THERES MORE COMING UP SORRY

-Jenna