33

-Vanessa

"I sell drugs....and I'm a hitman."he whispers.

I feel my heart drop along with my head. My head races with questions running everywhere.

"Is that it?...is there more?"I whisper.

"Yeah....that's my job."he sighs out and keeps his gaze on me. I keep my eyes away from him. I can't look at him. Not yet.

"How many people? How many have you...killed?"I gulp down the words.

"Somewhere around the 10's. 10-15."he answers. I nod and try my best to stomach the information.

"And the drugs, is that why you keep leaving?"I ask. He sighs and chews on his bottom lip before nodding. "Yeah, it is."he nods.

I press my fingers into the palm of my hand and nod. "Okay..."I whisper.

We both sit here. His face has concern written all over it while I'm sure my shock and hurt is on mine.

But there's more. I need to know everything. Everything.

"Okay, what else is there that your hiding?"I sniffle up my emotions and look back up at him. He looks at me and his face washes over with a wave of regret. "I don't want you to-"

"Ashton, I just need to know. Please."I sigh out with despair. He nods.

"Okay, what do you want to know now?"he asks. "Where is this going? What are your plans for us? Especially since now we have a baby one the way."I say and take his hand, placing it on my stomach.

He slightly tenses up but releases with a slight smile. "Well nothing has changed. My plan was always to convince you that I love you and want us to be together, and now that we are and we have a baby on the way I guess now I'll have to fix a couple things."he says and rubs my stomach with his thumb.

"Like what?"I ask.

"Well for one, I have to be more careful when I'm on my trips. I have a family to come home to and I don't want my kid to grow up without a dad...like me."he murmurs the last part but loud enough for me to hear.

"Also, I'll have more guys stay here to protect you from anyone or anything that comes near you or the baby or this house. Not only that but we'll have to start baby proofing things around here."he chuckles. I smile.

"Anything else?"he asks.

Stop avoiding it, Vanessa. Just ask him already!

"I...heard you on the phone earlier,"I pause to look up into his eyes. He wears a surprised look. "Ash, what were you talking about with your dad?"I ask. He takes in a deep breath and laughs coldly.

"My, uh, father... Was trying to convince me to sell you. Saying you were worth some good money."he says and looks up at me with the coldest stare I've ever seen. It slightly scares me.

He must see my reaction; he takes my hand and his eyes go soft.

"I told him I wouldn't. Ever. Because I love you too much and you're worth way more than some dirty money could ever buy."he says softly yet in a firm tone.

"I love you, pumpkin. Nothing is ever going to tear us apart. Ever."he says with almost an angry tone. I nod.

He leans in and I do the same. My forehead rests on his. "You're the only one who could ever love me....right?"I ask, slightly joking. He chuckles and presses a small kiss to my lips.

"Right. I am."he says.

And I believe him. He is the only one who will ever love me. And I love him.

----------------------