40

-Vanessa

The car ride back to the house was silent. It was just Ashton and I. Dani wanted to take Knight just for the night so I let her.

We walk inside the house and Ashton shuts the door behind us.

I keep my mouth shut while walking into the living room. I can feel his eyes on me as he follows. We don't say anything to each other. I don't know what to say.

I plop down on the couch and stare at the blank wall in front of me.

Ashton strides over and stands beside me. His hands are jammed into his pockets. A tiny smile plays in his face. His green eyes are gazing down at me with some kind of emotion.

"Pumpkin....you okay?"he asks quietly. I keep my stare on the blank wall in front of me and shrug my shoulders. "Sure."I mumble half heartedly.

He sits down beside me and sets a hand down softly on my knee. "What's, uh.... what's going on in your head right about now?"he asks. I shrug again and hang my head low; my hair falling in my sight.

"I don't know.... I'm just a bit... confused?"I say. "About what?"he asks. curiously. "Everything that happened. I dunno. Maybe I'm just tired and need some sleep."I sigh out.

"Vanessa."he says with a clear tone.

I finally meet his gaze. "Yes?"

"Are you having second thoughts about us?"he asks with worry filled in his tone.

"No, of course not!"I laugh, slightly surprised at the question. Relief washes over his face. "Okay."he chuckles.

"I love you and you love me....right?"I say. He nods and brings my hand to his lips. "You're the love of my life."he smiles and kisses my knuckles softly. I smile and feel my heart flutter.

~~
"More proof that he has you brainwashed! Can't you see? Why the fuck would you want to have a family with a man who kidnapped you?"she hisses.
~~

"Are you sure you're okay, babe?"he asks. "Yeah..."I say.

"You look like you're really thinking about something. Is it about what Alison said? Cause babe, you know she was lying...don't you?"he says softly.

"I know. But.... what if I did something wrong? Maybe I should have gone home-"

"Ness, I don't want to argue. You made the right decision coming home with me. End of discussion."he says.

He stands up and I can tell he doesn't want me to say anything else but I can't resist the urge.

"Why would she say you brainwashed me then?"I ask, standing up.

He turns back to me and my stomach drops. I made a huge mistake.

"Vanessa.... I didn't brainwash you. Do you think I did? Cause if so, it's obvious that we have some issues with trust here and I thought that we trusted each other. Since that's what couples do. They trust each other-"

"No, Ash, that's not what I meant! I do trust you!"I stop him, hearing how betrayed he feels. My heart hurts at it.

"Do you? Cause that's not what it sounds like, Vanessa."he says.

"I'm sorry, okay?"I say and take his hands in mine. I feel myself becoming more and more vulnerable but I don't care. He makes me like this.

"I'm sorry... I trust you. I love you."I sigh out a rest my head on his chest.

-Ashton

I smirk at my affect on her and quickly put it away.

Now to reel her back in.

"I love you too but no more of this, okay? You have to trust me if this is gonna work. Okay?"I say.

She looks up at me and nods. "Yes, of course."she whispers. I smile and press my lips down on hers. She smiles and kisses me back, wrapping her arms around me tightly.

She separates from it and looks in my eyes. I can tell she still has things to say.

"Nobody else, pumpkin. I'm the only one."I say. She smiles. "I know."she nods.

-------------------------