2

-Picture of Vanessa Above-

-Vanessa

"Nessa! Could you go to the store for me?"my dad asks. I walk into the living room and nod. "Sure, what do we need?"I ask. "Milk, cheese, yogurt and dish soap."he says, writings it down on a nearby napkin. "Okay."I reply and grab my black Adidas slides from beside the couch before sliding them on my feet.

He hands me the small list with a 20 dollar bill. "Please hurry back, your mom and I would like to start dinner soon."he says and smiles. I smile and nod. "Okay, will do."I reply and grab my jacket from the back of the couch. I slide my arms into the cotton felt sleeves. I stuff the money and the note in my pocket.

I make my way to the door and Jared comes tumbling down the stairs and looks at me then back at dad. "Is she going to the store? Can I go with her if she's going to the store?"he asks. I roll my eyes and groan. "No! You can't! I'm only going to buy a few things."I say. "No, Jared. Not this time. She's only buying about 4 things."my dad answers.

I stick my tongue out at my 11 year old brother. He returns the gesture with his eyes crossed. "Vanessa, you're 17 now. Stop with the face making."my dad speaks. I shrug.

"I'll be back."I say before leaving the house and closing the door behind me.

A black cat slowly drives past out house and then quickly speeds down the street. I feel my eyebrows furrow together in confusion. I shake it off and begin walking down the sidewalk and down the same way the car went. It's the exact way to the supermarket.

---

I pay for the groceries and smile at the nice lady before walking out of the supermarket.

I make it out and notice its starting to rain. I groan and pull my hood over my head before walking into the rain and beginning my walk back home.

I make it to the middle of the street and jump at the sight of car lights to the side of me and a loud screech. I widen my eyes and see the black car from earlier.

My breathing is heavy and I'm sure horror is written all over my face.

The car door opens and a man with a black jacket steps out with a sorry face.

"I'm so sorry, are you hurt?"he asks and I notice his thick Australian accent. "N-No, I'm fine."I say and quickly turn away before I begin walking away.

"Wait!"he calls. I turn my head back to see him making his way towards me and I can see his face much clearer now. He has pretty hazel-green eyes and his hair is a nice dirty blonde. "At least let me give you a ride. It's raining and I feel horrible for almost running into you."he says with a small smile.

I shake my head, no. "I'm fine, thanks. I live only a block away."I say, slowly backing up and beginning to walk away. He quickly grabs my wrist. "Cmon, it's the least I could do."he insists. "I'm good. Really."I assure him, trying to shake him off of my wrist.

"Vanessa, I'm trying to be nice here."he says and it hits me. "How do you know my name?"I ask harshly and snatch away from him. He stands there speechless. "Uh, yeah. Bye."I say before quickly beginning to walk away.

I'm quickly pulled back and his arm snakes around my waist before  a cloth is placed over my mouth. I scream loudly and kick around while flailing my arms around, trying to get out.

-Ashton

Vanessa puts up a fight while I press the white cloth with chloroform onto her nose and mouth. She screams loudly but they get quieter as she looses energy in my arms. She stops fighting and her body goes limp. I sigh of relief before quickly dragging her back to my car and placing her in my backseat and laying her down.

She looks peaceful and hurt at the same time. I close the door and walk to the other side to get in. I slide into the driver seat and slam the door before adjusting my mirror to look at Vanessa.

I smile and laugh to myself.

"You're gonna love the new house, Nessy. It's beautiful and I got you you're very own room."I say as I start driving off.

"You like flowers, right? Of course you do."I say. She lays in the back, unconscious. I smile and sigh in delight.

I finally got my girl.

---------------------