Memory

"Do you realise how dangerous that is?" Jon stood up behind his desk looking at Sage who stood opposite of him.

"Yes but-"

"You're the daughter of Stannis Baratheon whos marching towards the Boltons. If the Boltons catch you, you'll be taken prisoner! Or worse..." Jon trailed off at the thought of what the Boltons could do to Sage.

"Please, I beg you. I need answers and I'll get those there." Sage said pleading. "Besides, I am a Princess and you're just a Lord Commander so you can't stop me either way." Jon sighed furrowing his brows.

"I know, but please be careful and-" Jon was interrupted by Sage's big hug.

"Oh thank you!" Sage didn't let go and instead cupped his face and placed a quick kiss of happiness on Jon's lips. He smiled at her but behind the smile, he was worried if someone ever saw them, he didn't dare to even think what they might do. There were too many in the world who were out to get them.

"And you'll ride with Sam and Gilly. They're riding to Eastwatch-by-the-sea tomorrow." Sage pulled away surprised at Jon's words.

"Are they leaving?"

"Sam's going to the Citadel, to become a maester."

"With Gilly and the baby?" Sage wondered how the baby would do on the long journey on the sea.

"Aye. It's not safe for them here." Jon sighed not wanting to say what he was about to say, "you should stay in Braavos, Sage." Sage mouth fell open at the words Jon uttered.

"What? Why would I do that?" Sage said not understanding how Jon could in second tell her not to go, and in the other tell her to stay in Essos.

"It's not safe here for you either. They're my brothers, but they're also men." Jon sighed, remembering how many of the Night's Watch who had been sent here because they were killers or rapists.

"What makes you think I'm safe in Braavos?" Sage felt the Baratheon fury growing slowly inside of her.

"You'll be in Essos. Away from the Boltons and Cersei." Jon raised his voice a bit, trying to make her understand. "Stannis is marching on Winterfell, half of his army's gone. The Boltons will crush him and after that, they'll come for you." Sage sat down again covering her forehead with the palm of her hand. She knew Jon was right and that she endangered the whole Night's Watch by being here.

"I can't stay in Braavos. Not after everything I've been through there." She shook her head.

"Then what are we supposed to do then? Jon said not reflecting over his word of choice which made Sage smile. "Why are you smiling?" Jon raised his brows.

"You said we." Sage said which made Jon realise the fact and smiled back. After the two kissed, it had become unclear to both what their relationship was, it was for the future to unveil.

"I did, didn't I?" He scratched the back of his head.

"I'll go with Sam, try to get answers in Braavos, come back and then we will figure out what to do next, okay?"

"Okay." Jon nodded and smiled at Sage.

The next day was the day of departure. Sage got up and dressed in clothes that she usually didn't wear at Castle Black. The fabric was thinner and darker. She left her Night's Watch cloak behind and instead wore a cloak with a hood on to easily disguise herself. Before Sage left her room she reached down into a chest containing her belongings and dug out a small wooden box. It contained a silver chain that went through a coin. The coin was the same as the one Sage had dreamt about. The Baratheon tucked it under her shirt.