Chapter 39

Naomi

Don't let Derrin distract you ,Don't let Derrin Distract you ,Don't let Derrin distract you, Fuck why is he on my mind?Seeing him this evening hurt me I wanted to kiss him or maybe hug him but I couldn't do something that will hurt me more in the end,I hated his facial expressions when I told him to sign,He looked kind of broken, Or maybe he was shocked yeah it might be shock either way it seemed genuine.

I picked up Linda from the office she was busy with God knows what at this time of the night,She walked in all smiles meanwhile I was just a wreck I should've stuck to not falling in love. She snapped her fingers at me.

"What?"I started the car

"Where's your mind?I've been talking to you"

"Sorry you were saying? "

"Are you ready for the race?"She was so cheery you'd swear she was the one who'll behind the wheels.

"Yeah I am ready"I smiled I have missed this.

We stopped behind the cars I was going to do the 3rd race I hope I make it to round 2,As soon as I parked another row of cars behind me.It was full people weren't dressed which is usual for a scene like this especially because it's the biggest race.

"I still don't understand how this goes" Linda shouted from the other side of the car.

"You see all the cars in each row will race there will be 3 cars in each row that will make it to the next round,Which will sum up to 12 cara that will do round two,5 cars will be chosen and they will race for the million."I hoped she understood me but looking at her she wasn't even close to understanding me,I groaned.

"I am sorry but I need a drink "She walked away from me.

"Linda you aren't leaving me here? "

"I'll be back" She shouted back,I sat on my bonnet till some hottie walked towards me.

"Hey"He smiled at me,if it was the old me I would have smiled back flirty but things are different I know what love feels like and I wouldn't want to play with someones heart like that.

"Hi"I smile at him friendly

"You Naomi right"I nod weird right "I am Hunter" He is so gorgeous with jet black hair,Perfect white teeth,small icy blue eyes goddamit.

"I am actually wondering how you know my name"He smiled again someone is in your love with smiling.

"You the best racer you always beat my ass so I know you"

"You racing tonight too?"He points at a car next to mine it was a really beautiful car.

"That's a nice car damn"I stand to take a closer look at it.

"I can let you drive it some time if you promise not to beat my ass up "He said following so close behind me I could feel the back of my hair stand.

"We shall see " The first row of cars start with their race Linda gets back to find me standing with Hunter.

"Hunter"She smiles at him so they know each other,they share a brief hug.

"Linda always good to see you "Linda rolls her eyes dramatically.

"You two know each other right?"

"He knows me but I don't know him"I take the drink out of Lindas hands.

"That hurts Naomi "Hunter says placing a hand over his chest.

"I don't care how you feel Hunter what makes me curious is don't you have any friends "

Linda swats my arm"Leave the poor guy alone Naomi isn't he wants us to be friends" Hunter wiggles his eyebrows.

The talk continues till we hear cars behind us we all run to see which 3 cars have made it.

"Who the fuck is that?"Hunter whispers besides me.

"Seems like Naomi might have a competition here" Lindas voice fills my ears,I don't know this girl who just made first place but I'm the queen here no other female can take my place and I will prove it.

My heart is pounding like crazy when the second row leaves which means I am close too Hunter and Linda are having a good conversation besides me,My heart is pounding I can hear it and I mean literally.

"You okay?"Hunter touches my shoulder I shiver.

"I haven't been in the road for a while I am actually scared and who the hell was that? "

They both shrug I leave them there,I needed to check if my car is okay I knew how to make it to the next to round and I knew I could win this as long as I play it right.

I almost pissed in my pants when I saw that Rendy was in the second row and he won he smirked when he saw I can't believe that I dated that douche,I see him walk towards me but Linda gets to me first.

"You have to win this Naomi"

"I am going to beat Rendys ass "

We move our cars forward I look at my right Hunter is concentrating on the road ahead and I know he will take the first place...The first 15 KMs I'm in 4th place not because my car can't go faster but because I am not about to make my tires slippery .

Once I finish a km I go for the kill and by the time I get to the finish line I'm in 3rd place and what do you know I'm through to the next round.

"What was that all about?"Hunter barks besides me

"Congratulation on first place"I smile at him.

"You know you could've done better than that "

"Maybe I didn't want to do better"I side smile and walk away bumping on Rendy, God I hate him so much.