Chapter 22

Derrins POV

I swear I almost cried when dad forced me to cut my dreadlocks, I've had them for as long as I can remember and now I had to remove them...Dad made sure I looked cleaned meaning I remove the beard too.My hair was a little short and really curly.

When I had dreadlocks you couldn't make out that I'm mixed race but it was really obvious,I didn't even recognize myself in the mirror I guess this is the part of growing you need to lose something to earn something.

"So you guys are leaving right now?"I asked my parents who were busy with papers

" Yes but you won't stay alone Naomi is coming"Mom replied with a big smile I rolled my eyes I should've known it would come to this.

"Have a safe journey" Mom hugged me I shook dads hand.
I can't believe I was alone after being with my parents for 25 years going to six now, They were gone and I had no option but to fend for myself.

I  had no weed I couldn't smoke anymore,I guess I'm really an adult now...When I was young I thought by this time I would be married with a son or daughter...But I am married to someone I don't love though.

I quickly go to bed and sleep the housekeepers will take care of the rest tomorrow I have an early morning and honestly I am not looking forward to it.

Naomis POV

Upon getting ready and packing everything in my car I drove to my destination,dad left it for me so I could be able to go to work, I hadll my luggage there fortunately they had helpers there so they took my bags.

My room was spacious I really liked it,it had a Queen bed and a walk in closet it was still empty but it will soon be filled with my clothes...I was really tired and I had no energy to check this place out so I slept while the maid hanged my clothes.

Next morning my phone buzzed I stretched my hand and picked it up.

"Linda"

"morning hey I'm waiting for you to come pick me up remember you going shopping" This girl must be high I swear.

"Lee I have the whole day to do that now let me sleep I will let you know when I'm ready"

I hung up and threw the phone near me I swear if she calls again I will stab her. I kept turning great I had no sleep anymore...I bathed quickly and tied my hair back it was a bit chilly I found a warm jacket was what I needed.

I looked at the clothes and saw a big jacket, I tried to remember where I got it from but nothing came up I wore it because it had no owner and it was really warm

I grabbed a fruit then headed to Linda who was clearly pissed.

"I really don't understand how you took 2 hours to get ready yet you so plain" She stated.

"I am going to work tomorrow so I'm sorry if things are going good for me" I almost swerved the car out of the road, I admit I was frustrated.

This whole arranged marriage,Moving out,Being cut off,the contrac,The job I currently have,letting Rendy go and losing Drake.I should be like this,I tried to act like I didn't give a damn in honestly I felt like dying.

"This must be hard on you Naomi but the more you make it work the sooner all of this will end." I nodded in agreement.

Derrins POV

I didn't know that people could be so welcoming, I didn't even think I'd fit in here but it wasn't bad being in a media company than I had thought,I'm pretty sure if this was the mineral company I would be bored to death.

The only problem was I had had no PA but the secretary who was flirting with me,she kept shoving her cleavage at my face...She was attractive alright but I didn't want a distraction I had a wife whom I don't love and I'm good with what people think about us so far.

"Sir there is a lady here she slept here yesterday,Mr English said you two know each other" One of the helpers said.

"I wasn't aware of that but if Dad knows him it's cool" I walked upstairs, I wasn't interested in knowing who stayed here as long as they stay out of my way.

I showePOV
then ate before going through my files and getting to know my clients and workers on paper.It was really hard being new in place but the guy mentoring me told me to not befriend my workers.

Naomis POV

I was tired after the long say with Linda,It took every decent bone in me to not drink, I must say I acted mature with this whole thing. After dropping Linda off I stopped at Nandos for some chicken I ate alone then drove back to the English.

I really found it weird that I haven't seen Derrin around here but I was glad because I didn't want to see him,I didn't want him igniting anything and as far as it goes I was good with being a married single woman.

Next morning I had to be earlier than my boss,I took a shower early in the morning,Curled my hair and applied minimum make-up. I was wearing a olive green turtle neck dress with olive green heels,I took my bag and car keys then left.

I had no experience none whatsoever but I got this job  I have no option but to appreciate it and work hard.

"hey" I said to the secretary who was sitting in the front desk she wore revealing clothes but it's none of my business.

"Can I help you?" At least she knew how to smile.

"Yes Naomi English my name should be there somewhere I need to you to tell me where my office is at" She stared at before flipping her pages.

"Go straight down you'll see a double wooden you sharing the office with the boss"

I walked to where she told me and weirdly the name engraved on the door was English which meant they haven't changed it.

I sat on my small table that was at the corner in a small cube like thing there was privacy though and I couldn't be happier, I wrote down what My boss had to do for the day.The door opened a tall light skinned guy walked in,he had a navy slim fit suit and his hair was short and curly. E was talking to someone,When he turned around to look at me I swear I almost fainted when I saw that I was actually my husbands PA.

Please don't forget to vote and comment
Thank you for reading
Love Isi

08-06-2017