Chapter 30

Derrin

Work was so hectic with my personal  assistant,My phone rang throughout the day yesterday and today I just went with ignoring it completely I will have to beg Naomi to come back to work.

My heart ached everytime I looked at her cabin and found it empty last time she was there I made her get off,But soon after Elyse ruined it,I was coming from a meeting which tired the hell out of me,My secretary tried to keep up with taking down the minutes but she wasn't Naomi.

I found Elyse in my office she was dressed better than yesterday. ..We wore a strapless black glittered dress and black fuck me heels she smiled when she saw me,Her thighs were exposed I have seen her naked alright but that didn't do anything to me instead I felt irritared..

"What can I do for you today Elyse?" I loosened my tie

"My hormones have been crazy recently,they make me want to get intimate"She was serious."Intimate as in having sex?"She nodded"Buy a vibrator or something I have a business to run.

"You really want nothing to do with me? " Her eyes were glossy

"I am a married man I can't be two timing my wife now don't give me anymore shit and leave"She winced standing up,She glared at me one last time then left.

She can go fuck herself for all I care.I laughed when she left  did she just offer ne me pussy?She must be really crazy then,My office door opened I looked up ready to cuss but I was met by Moses.

"Moss What a suprise "He rolled his eyes

"Surprise my ass you rich now you don't even have a session with us"

"You guys still smoke pot"He nodded"Wow I will make time gotta check with my wife first"

"Why is she the one with balls in this marriage? " He chuckled

"No she is my PA you idiot,So why are you here I am pretty sure weed isn't the only reason you came here"

"Yeah I almost forgot"He handed me a CD"That is Austin rapping there this company needs a new face"

"Last time I checked we dealt with tv shows and movies"I took the CD

"I am giving you a new idea besides I think having a record label would do you good "I nodded in agreement Naomi once told me about it but I didn't take it seriously now that there is a second person telling me to do  I might as well do it.

"I have to work and my girlfriend needs me back home"We did our handshake then he left.

It was almost time for me to leave work , I didn't want to go home and face Naomi. .I didn't know what to say to her and the state she waa in yesterday proved to me that I shattered her,I hate seeing her like that...We might have gotten married in an irregular way but that doesn't mean I haven't grown attached to her

Naomi

I debated with my mind throughout the day,I was going to talk to Derrin again,We had to make this work.I am not letting all our attempts go to waste because of a baby who will probably be born after we divorced.

I decided to cook in the meantime,I made chops with rice and soup I made a few salads to give the food some colour..I wasn't really creative in cooking but I was a good cook though I made simple meals After all the aim was to not go hungry.

I dished up for both of us when I heard the car outside, He walked in without saying a word.He made his way to the kitchen,I smiled at him trying to make things less awkward.

"I cooked "I smiled he still looked confused.

"Yesterday you wanted sex from me and today you cooked "His confusion made me confused oh I was drunk.

"Oh God I asked for sex yesterday "

"Yes but that's in the past I'll go get dressed then"He walked away..I asked for sex yesterday?Why the hell would  I do that?God I like embarrassing myself,I face palmed my self over and over again I am an idiot

"Why are you slapping yourself ?"I gasped resting a hand on my chest"Sorry i didn't mean to startle you "

"It's okay"He sat down next to me we ate quietly I placed all the dishes in the dishwasher Derrin was drinking wine leaning against the fridge he handed me my glass.

"Sooo what are you going to do with Elyses pregnancy? "I walked to the living room with him on my heels

"I'll support the baby after I have confirmed it's mine "I chuckled

"So you think it's not yours?"I studied his expression but it remained the same.Blank.

"Just that I don't feel connected to it and Elyse coming here all by herself raises suspicion she might be up to something but I will have to find out "

"Mhm oh well we have that past us,We need to leave for the trip I don't want us to act as enemies nor must we act as a couple.Us having sex has brought nothing but awkwardness to each other And I am starting to think we might be interested to one another something that mustn't happen since we are bound to separate "

"What are you saying to me Naomi?"His gravelly voice was low and so sweet I would kiss him right now.

"What I am saying is I think we should go back to how we were?"

"How were we?"I groaned Derrin is making me explain something he knows already.

"Strangers under the same room we should tolerate each other but in the public we the ideal couple "I ran my tongue on top of my teeth

"This isn't the first time we trying this"His jaw tightened.

"We might succeed "

He chuckled "Well too bad cause I have fallen in love with you "