Chapter 53

Halley awakened the following morning with an impulsive headache. She had silently cried herself to sleep, last night, thinking about the nightmares that wouldn't leave her alone. It hunted her like a prey does its victims. She tried to focus on the pleasant dreams filled with love and laughter but her nights had always been filled with fear. If only their were someone to speak to without their eyes being filled with sympathy. The king, her father was the most ideal person to seek help from. He would not judge and would be the most understanding. Halley closed her eyes, he would try to help the best he could. But could she possibly be so bothersome to the king whom had enough problems to deal with already? No. She could not.

With a shaky breathe, she turned around to find peace by watching her boys sleep, only to discover the empty bed. Halley sat upright immediately, this was indeed their bedchamber. She remembered coming here yet another night at Aundre's request. The storm had gotten worst, it was constant showers of rain each day and night. Aundre was terrified; so does Aiden who refused to acknowledge it. Where were they? Her eyebrows creased as she pushed the duvet off her body.

Halley's feet had just touched the cold floor when the door opened and her boys entered. They didn't even recognized that she was awake, by the haste in which they turned to closed back the door.

They were up to something...

Halley bit her cheeks, when they turned and came face to face with her. They flinched backwards but composed themselves quickly, of course she wasn't surprised when Aiden spoke first. " Mama, you're awake! "

" I'm aware " Halley rose to her feet, in an leisurely manner she approached her children. " now, mind telling me where you boys were now coming from?" Eyebrows arched and hands folded.

"Well..." Aundre began, he was interrupted by the scream that emitted from outside. Halley, leaving the boys in their chamber rushed down the hallway. She notice a large number of servants gathering at the entrance of the Princes' governess bedchamber. One of the maids saw her and alerted the others of her presence. They greeted her with formality then rushed off to do there morning duties; scared that they would have lose there positions for lingering. Halley sucked in a sharp breathe at the amount of green slimy creatures hopping around the bedchamber, most of them on the fourposter bed.

Penelope, her personal ladies maid, was skillfully capturing and placing them in a trunk that was once filled with the governess's books. Halley had always admired the young servant, she was brave and naive. Things that scare other ladies, she embraced. Halley had learn from the young lady that she grew up with three older brothers and lots of male cousins. It was always the battle of the bravest at her home. Halley's lips twitched into a smile, upon remembering all the wonderful adventures with Timothy.

"Oh I knew who did this! " Maria, the governess exclaimed from where she sat on the vanity table, a pillow swinging wildly in the air. " I just knew it was him!" She wailed. Her dark curls streaming down her back like a waterfall, it was the first time Halley had seen her with her hair loose. It was beautiful.

"You don't know that for sure Maria," Penelope replied, reaching under the bed. " This one so tiny" Penelope sat back on her knees, staring at the creature she held by one of its legs. " hello there..." It tiny arms flew wildly in the air as if it's trying to reach out to hug her.

" Just wait until I get my hands on him" She muttered, now looking at Penelope. " Do put that away, you disgust me with those filthy creatures! "

The maid frowned before she could utter a reply, her eyes widen acknowledging the Princess was now an audience. " Your Highness " her cheeks turned rosy pink, she jumped to her feet. " I apologized--"