#16. Payback time...

Revenge and hatred only lead to more revenge and hatred.
- Pain/Nagato
(Naruto Shippuden)
~~~~~

•••••
(Y/n)'s POV
•••••

Hmmmm, teaching her a lesson.....

What should I do? Hmm, must come up with a good plan.

I quietly packed my tiffin, wondering what to do to teach little Ms. Eleanor/Ellie a lesson.

I ended up with nothing. I quickly took my bag and went out of the house. On my way, I saw Alluka, Gon and Killua waving to me.

I waved back and ran up to them.

"Yo! How's it going?" I asked with a smile.

Gon and Alluka just stared at me while Killua whistled as music notes came out of his mouth. I just raised an eyebrow.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Killua told us that you tried to kill yourself?! Are you for real? Don't you realise that we- "

"Shut up, Gon," I interrupted him at once. "Listen, it's all his fault, so don't go scolding me!"

Gon turned to Killua who had a protesting face on, but he didn't say anything.

I just laughed as he and Gon started to fight and Alluka joined me, too, before she broke the fight between her boyfriend and brother.

I just smiled at the scene. Life has given me so much good stuff, I need to think about that rather than the bad ones.

Timeskip~ I know, it's been a long time since I last did one~

I entered my classroom, bursting in laughter. Killua has just cracked a joke, and it was hard to stop myself from laughing that loud.

A few people looked at me and that shut me up. I never was a fan of attention. I just went and sat on my seat ignoring the whispers about me.

A few minutes later, Eleanor/Ellie entered with her best friend, Naomi.
[Sorry if that's your name! But I can't do the same thing without Eleanor, cause Naomi doesn't have a lot of screentime]

She looked at me and gave a victorious smirk. I just smiled back. She nearly stumbled from my reaction.

The bell rang and magically, Ms. Bisky entered. She took the roll call, while I quickly penned down a rough note.

Eleanor/Ellie,
I need to talk to you about something. Meet me at the rooftop at lunch. Try not to bring anyone else, for your good.
- (Y/n) (l/n)
P.S.
I am not gonna beat you, don't worry.

I looked up.

"Ms. (L/n)?"

"Here!" I cried, then quickly turned to Killua who was on my right. I shoved the note in his hand. He had a questioning look in his face, but I just pointed to her.

He looked angry, but I gave him a warning look. He just huffed and tapped on her back, who was diagonally right ahead of him.

She looked surprised yet happy. But her happy face turned to fear at his angry one. She fearfully took the note. I saw her give it a hopeful look before she saw my name on it.

After she had read it, she looked at me. She nodded. I just smiled to myself and listened to Ms. Bisky.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°
°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°
At Lunchtime
With (y/n)

I tapped my foot impatiently as I waited for her. The door to the terrace finally opened slowly. I turned to the figure approaching me slowly.

"Hey there," I greeted as politely as I could. She gulped before replying.

"H- Hi," she said. I gave a half-smirk, half-smile.

"So you came, huh? Did you hear about me? Do you know why everyone is whispering about me?" I asked, slowly going to the topic.

"Yeah. Rumours are that you tried to suicide yesterday," she replied with hesitation.

"Well, you know the reason, right?"

"Wait, so you did try?" She asked, shocked. I nodded. "Oh my god, I didn't really want you to go that far!"

I smiled. "So you know it's your fault. Good, good. And I am here to tell you something relating to that"

She looked nervous. "Are you gonna tell that to the principal?"

"Oh, no," I shook my head, "I am going to tell you something, and hope you are going to share what I want you to share with me"

She froze. I gave a small, bitter smile as I started to talk.

"Remember the times when you used to beat me? 2 years ago? When we were 12?"

She just nodded and swallowed.

"It used to hurt a lot. I know that you know that. But, that wasn't the only thing that hurt me. You don't know, I am an orphan, ever since 9"

She froze again and her eyes widened. I just smiled. She knew where we were going.

"And I know that you kinda know that pain. Am I right?"

"How did you know?" She whispered. I gave her a sad look.

"When you used to beat me, I always saw happiness and sadness in them. I never could understand that, until I met (b/f/n). (B/f/n) and me became friends soon after that rescue incident. Her elder sister, was in the 3rd year of the middle school. She was a hacker. She was also an informant, knowing information on every school member, including you.

She told me, that your mother was sick and your father, was a businessman. After that I did a bit of research myself. Your mother died from that sickness, and your father lost his company. He became a drunk and started beating you.

And you took it out on the people who you thought were the happiest and couldn't hurt you. That's why you did everything you did, right?"

She was crying silently by the time I finished. She nodded silently.

"Yes, you found out. I suffered so much, and the hate always build up in me. I took it out on you. I always liked Killua and when he rescued you, I was angry that you were now stealing him from me. When I heard that you two became a thing, I couldn't control myself anger anymore.

Professor Netero knew about my position with my father and never told him about my misdeeds. He always scolded me or gave detentions. I- I am sorry, (y/n). Please don't tell my dad! He will kill me!"

"I won't," I assured her, patting her back. "About Kil...."

"Please, you still love him, right? I- I know that I am selfish, but, please, I love him, too. I just want him. Can you-?"

"Don't worry. You can have him"
°
°
°
°
°
°
°
°
°
°Chapter End°