I

I could feel my anxiety in my chest, hanging heavy like a saturated cloth, making my hands quiver and sweat. I walked through the crowded streets of down town, praying that no one stopped me in the streets to ask me questions, or tell me their condolences, or something along those lines. 

Not remembering what had happened, and everyone refusing to tell me what happened really does something to someone like me. I sighed as I glanced around a little bit, jumping slightly when I could swear I saw someone, someone with blue strings dangling above them and the word "error" floating around their body.

But they disappeared with a quick blink, leaving me to try and calm down from the sudden hallucination. Quickly slipping into an alley way I checked my phone, making sure that the notification that I had gotten earlier had been resolved.

The app told me that it was indeed gone, the threat had decided to resolve itself. I also checked my messages while I was at it, seeing there was a text from both MK and Sans.

Heya, kiddo. Just checking in. I saw the notification and wanted to make sure you were okay. Text me back when you get this.

Sans had sent, and I shook my head a little bit. I didn't know much about the past, but I did know that at one point I had loved him. I didn't anymore, needing to rediscover my relationships with the people around me, and not really trusting anyone yet. He tried really hard to connect with me, I felt bad for not pushing the friendship back but. . . I didn't need to get involved with someone again, not that quickly.

Wasup Frisk! I was wondering where you were today. You missed school again. Everyone really missed you today, Frisk. You're really catching up, though! That year doesn't mean anything to you! You're too smart for that gap to matter!

MK, or Monster Kid, had sent, making me smile a little bit. He was the one that didn't treat me differently, which I really liked. Forgetting my past didn't handicap me; I still had the basic skills, and I still knew everything, I just didn't know that I knew it until I relearned it. It was strange in that way.

I clicked off my phone and slipped back into the busy streets, bee lining for my car once it came into sight. I slammed the door behind me and breathed, the oh-so familiar suffocating feeling leaving my throat, my chest lightening. Turning on the car I headed home, happy that I had gotten that little expedition over with.

~*~

Pulling up into the driveway I made sure that I had locked my car as I headed up to the door, carrying the four bags of groceries up to the door with ease. I kicked the door open after I had unlocked it and almost had a heart attack as I heard a slight clanging noise from the kitchen.

I dropped the bags in my hands lightly and slowly closed the door, creeping up to my bedroom. I grabbed the small gun that I had hidden under my mattress and crept towards the kitchen, peering around the corner.

I saw the familiar figure of Sans leaning against the counter, looking out the window as he tapped his foot on the floor. I stood up and sighed, making him flinch.

"What are you doing in my house?" I asked, my voice a little hostile.

"I-I had a key, from before, and I just. . . I wanted to know if you were okay. You didn't reply to my text. . ." He sounded a little ashamed, and with good reason.

"Give me the key back, Sans." I held my hand out, pocketing the gun with the safety on.

"Frisk, I--"