Partner In Crime- Kirk

You kissed your little girl, Emma, on the forehead before gently handing her to Nanny Mari. Andrew was running around your legs, weaving this way and that, making battle ship noises with his mouth.

"I'll be back later tonight," you chuckled as you knelt down and captured your running son in your arms.

Andrew squirmed for a bit but laughed when you planted a kiss on his cheek. "Mooooom."

You smiled, smoothing down some of his hair. "Please be good for the nanny. I'll be back at lunch to pick you up."

Andrew's eyes grew wide as he remembered what day it was. "Will daddy be at lunch too?!"

You nodded, letting go of the jumping six-year-old. "He sure will. And if you are extra good he might even let you go with him to the Bridge today."

"YAY!" He then started running around again, his voice waving up and down as his arms started flapping.

You stood, looking at your two children with endearment. Ten years ago, if someone had told you you would marry your hometown sweetheart and have two beautiful kids with him, you would have told them to lay off whatever drugs they were on.

You turned to Nanny Mari and nodded. "Thanks again for the last minute call in. I owe you one."

She smiled. "No problem at all. Enjoy your day."

You turned back to Andrew and saluted him like you always did before you left him. "Captain."

Andrew immediately calmed down and saluted back in perfect formation. "Commander.

You left the suite and you could hear Andrew yelling again. Smiling wide, you headed to your job, your heart light and content with how happy your little perfect family was. Plus you were excited to see Jim after finally being free to leave your place. As willing as you were to rest after giving birth to Emma, you were past ready for a change of scenery. But first, you had to go make sure your science division was still functioning properly, even if Spock was running it. You were a bit protective of your all females unit of energy researchers.

As soon as you walked into the department you were bombarded with hugs, welcoming cries, and a table full of gifts. Audrey, your second in command and best friend, helped update you on what you missed and then promptly forced you to sit down and open all your gifts for little Emma. Some were even for yourself like a nice pair of soft slippers. You smiled through happy tears as you thanked every single one of them. Easily the group of you fell into conversation now that their chief researcher was back.

After a few hours of catching up, you realized it was time to pick up Andrew and meet Jim for lunch. Audrey assured you that she had everything covered so you could go spend time with your boys. With a quick thank you and a promise to be back soon, you rushed out the doors excited to indeed be with your boys.

You hadn't made it to the turbo lift when you heard the sound of someone running behind you. You instinctively moved to the side to give them space, expecting them to rush by. But what you didn't expect was strong hands to reach out and grasp your shoulders, making you jump and gasp. You turned to see your husband wide eyed and breathing hard.

You reached up, taking his arms as he quickly regained his breath. "James? What is it? I was just going to go get Andrew and join you for lunch."

Jim shook his head, his blue eyes holding fast to yours. "(Y/n), tell Nanny Mari to take the children to the safety pod."

Your mind reeled. "Please elaborate Jim, I'm not in the mood to decipher your cryptic commands."