So Far So Good - Sulu

"Hikaru, can you believe this," you rub your very large stomach with Sulu's hands under yours, "is a human and is going to be our child?" You smile and you look up and behind you at your husband. He smiles back at you, leaning down slightly to kiss you gently.

"I think that every time I see you." He sweetly states as he looks down at your bulging stomach.

Hikaru Sulu has never been happier. He thought the same thing when you were dating him, then again when you agreed to marry him, but now he feels he could burst with joy. He kissed the top of your head lightly as he felt you snuggle into him a bit more.

You felt a slight pain around your hips, but it went away as soon as it came. You squeeze your husband's hand, bringing it up to your lips to kiss it. You place it back on your stomach just as your baby decided to move. You wince and let out a hiss as a foot or arm pressed against your ribs. Sulu noticed and decided to move you into a more comfortable position. But just as soon as you got comfortable again red lights flashed and alarms started blaring.

Sulu got up quickly, checking his communicator, calling the Bridge as he helped you up and ready to take shelter in the Med Bay. You tried to keep your breathing steady and your emotions off your face in hopes of helping Hikaru focus and learn what was going on.

"Captain it's Sulu. What is going on?" He rushed his question as he helped you into a light sweater. He grabbed your emergency bag just as the communicator went off.

"Mr. Sulu, the Captain is busy at the moment but I do suggest you come to your station immediately. Your wife should be sent to be with Doctor McCoy for safety." Spock's voice sounded slightly agitated causing you and your husband to hurry along.

"You got it. I'm on my way." Sulu shut his communicator, wrapping his arm around you, pulling you close to him. You both arrive at Med Bay, but you stop and turn around, pulling your husband close; well as close as your unborn child would allow.

"I love you so much, Hikaru." You kiss his cheek then pulled away slightly, holding his face in your hands. "Keep your head clear and try not to let Kirk get us killed." You smirked slightly, but you both knew you weren't completely joking.

Sulu smiles and nods then kissed you soundly. "I will honey. When have I done wrong?" He winked. But he sobered fast, glancing at your stomach. "Stay here and as close to Bones as you can, I will try to keep Her steady." He kisses you hard and fast as the Bay doors open and Bones ushers you in, nodding to your husband as he takes the emergency bag from him. Sulu nods back and you watch as hurries down the hall to save the ship once more. You blink hard as you try to keep your emotions in check, waddling your way into the room, your hand in Bones' as he helped you to a secure area.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sulu blinked hard as he kept his emotions in check, his gut telling him you were doing the same thing. Just another thing he loved you for; your cute little tactics that he had picked up after a few years together. He let out one last big breath just as the turbo lift doors opened. You took in the situation, rushing to your post.

"Nice for you to join us Mr. Sulu." Captain Kirk tightly joked.

"You're lucky I'm not the pregnant one Captain." Sulu threw over his shoulder as he started stabilizing the ship.

Kirk chuckles, shaking his head but started to feel a bit calmer. "We are dealing with two small enemy ships; one acts defense the other acts offence. They are quick and have highly advanced weaponry. We need to stay on our toes and first negotiate with them before they start firing again." The Captain briefed the crew on the Bridge.