Beating Heart- Spock

-MichelleKirk Here ya go! Sorry it took a while, silly laptop deleted it TWICE...I have learned my lesson to save my drafts on another document haha oops ENJOY

You stood off to the side eyeing the alarmingly handsome Khan as he stood brooding in his glass prison. Spock had his back to you but having him there made you feel a bit better about the situation. You were starting to understand Spock's hesitancy to let you go through with being a red shirt security officer. Perhaps you should have gone into ship detailing like you first planned.

Spock's shoulders tensed as the superhuman stalked around the cell, telling them of who he was and how he came here. He also didn't like the fact that Khan would turn and look behind him at you every once and a while. Spock was about to ask for you to leave but something Khan said made Spock's thoughts stop and his blood boil.

"But it would seem as though my race is not as extinct as I was lead to believe." Khan's voice was smooth and deep, almost drawing you toward him. "Now tell me; have you experienced times of sudden strength, endurance far greater than your fellow crewmates, days without rest yet you feel rested, nights where you are sure you can hear every living being breath?"

You stood in awe at him, having unconsciously come to stand next to Spock. Spock looked down at you not liking the look of rapture on your face. He tentatively reached down and grabbed your hand, stroking the back of your hand with this thumb, slowly bringing you back to the present.

Khan watched your face. "I take your silence as a yes. You are what we were before we were enhanced." He then let his eyes flit to your intertwined fingers, his lips pulling into a knowing sneer but he kept his thoughts to himself. He will find time to search your heart later.

You didn't like the look this dark man gave you and how he was able to see right through you. It's scared you but at the same time, it was exciting. What more did this man know about who you were and what you could do?

Soon Kirk and Spock were called to the Bridge, leaving you to guard Khan in the medical bay with five other red shirts. But before you and Spock went your separate ways, Spock pulled you out of sight from Khan, pressing you up aginst a wall gently. His eyes searched yours as he hesitantly reached up to stroke your cheek.

"Please be careful. I am not fond of the way he was looking at you and his apparent keen insight into your life." His voice was low and you couldn't help but smile at the apparent concern in his voice.

You leaned forward and up on your tiptoes, pressing a kiss to his ear, then his nose before leaning your forehead against his. "I love it when you worry. I trust Kirk as do you so I am sure we will both be alright."

Spock gave you a small nod then closed the distance between you, pressing his lips against yours. You were almost scared by the intensity of his embrace like he was never going to kiss you or hold you again. Still, you kissed him back, matching his urgency. But it was over as soon as it started, you standing there holding him as he placed light kisses on your shoulder and up your neck, leaving one last strong kiss on your lips. You kept your eyes closed as you tried to fix your breathing but Spock's hands on your waist, his thumbs making circles, didn't help. You almost pulled him in for another kiss when he suddenly pulled away.

"I love you."

It was quiet but the energy and the love in his voice was unmistakable. Your eyes snapped open but you were alone. He said it. He said it first. His words lingered in the air, making your heart beat faster. This wasn't like him but at the same time, it really was. You were startled out of your thoughts by the sound of Khan laughing.

Right. You need to watch over him. Great.

You kept your eyes away from him as you took the lead in escorting him with five other security persons to the med bay. The whole time you could feel the tall man stare you down. You hated that he made you feel...excited, almost alive when he was around. You shook your head and stood by the med bay doors, keeping it open and making sure they all stepped in.