Cryo Cure- McCoy

"Jim, you can't be serious."

Captain Kirk shrugged his shoulders. "Why not, Bones? It looks completely harmless."

Doctor Leonard McCoy unfolded his arms and walked up to Kirk, pointing at the screen that was showing a little pod floating around. "As harmless as the invisible vacuum of space. You can't know for sure what's in that thing."

"Then we'll scan it." Kirk looked to Sulu.

Sulu messed around on his console then looked up at the captain, wincing. "We can't scan it, sir. Too much unidentifiable interference."

McCoy gave a pointed look to Kirk. "Perfect. We can just leave it alone then. What you don't know won't hurt ya."

Kirk chuckled. "Oh come on, Bones! We have nothing else to do." He walked over to his grumpy friend wrapping an arm around his shoulders, pointing at the screen. "Where's your sense of curiosity?"

"Dead like a cat."

It was Kirk's turn to give him a pointed stare, smirking. "But satisfaction brought it back." With a wink, Kirk turned away from him and called for a crew to go out and retrieve it. "Bring it in guys."

Doctor McCoy rolled his eyes, folding his arms again. When his captain, and friend, told him that they had a couple weeks reprieve of missions, he had imagined sleeping in, routine check-ups, late nights at the bar, maybe a few evenings with a lady. He definitely wasn't planning on babysitting Kirk, a grown man who can't help but make stupid choices. The last thing he needed was Kirk to turn around and say-

Krik's voice interrupted McCoy's thoughts. "And you, my medically inclined friend, get to help us crack it open."

"Why am I not surprised," McCoy grumbled.

~

You winced as feeling started to prickled its way back into your fingers and toes. Your eyelids felt heavy so you resorted to your ears as you tried to piece together where you were. And when.

At first, everything was hazy, you couldn't make anything out. That is until suddenly light hit the back of your eyes lids, making you flinch. Suddenly everything was terribly loud. Including the angry southern who seemed to be hovering right over your pod.

"Good God. Nurse Jye, get our lovely captain in here."

"No need, I have acquired him." The second man sounded a bit stiff.

A third man joined in quickly, a slight laugh in his voice. "I'm here Bones. What's the problem?"

The southern growled. "Oh yeah, this is a problem alright. There is a damn woman in here, Jim!"

"What?" Awe riddled the second man's voice as you heard footsteps draw closer. "And she's not half bad looking either."

"Focus, Jim, use your head. Who does she look like?"

In the small stretch of silence that followed you started to feel your body suddenly come back to life, your lungs begging for hair as your muscles shook with reanimated shock.

They started talking again:

"Doctor, we must inform Starfleet command."

"Hold on to your ears Spock she's waking up."

"Wait, Bones is she really?"

The southern let out a breath. "Sure is. She's an-"

But you interrupted them with a gasping intake of air as you sat up, your eyes opening wide. Light blinded you as your arms flailed about, your heart hammering with both new life and rushing adrenaline. Suddenly arms gently wrapped around you, pulling you a strong warm chest. You closed your eyes relaxed as their heartbeat was calming you down, your breathing leveled and your body stopped shaking.