By All Means- Sulu

Thank ya T_Jefferson for the request and thank you soooo much for being patient. I am slowly recovering. Get your shots yall, it sucks getting two different flu viruses at the same time.

You cursed for the umpteenth time as you chucked the useless tool in your hand over the crumbled wreckage of your poor ship. You let out a frustrated sigh as you placed your hands on your hips and leaned back a bit, facing the hot sun above you.

"Why? Of all the trips that had to go wrong, it had to be this one."

A sudden gust of wind whipped at your hair and threw dust into your eyes. You squinted as you shielded your face from the sun, or whatever star was shining on whatever planet you were on. You looked over at your little make-shift camp and you let out another sigh. For all the solo missions you have been on, you have been through worse. But back then you had a crew on coms and someone knew to come get you.

This time you were alone completely. So much for being an independent researcher and sneaking away from the U.S.S. Charger.

You coughed as another wind gust blew through the valley. You had taken what you needed out of your ship but almost regretted it when you learned about the nasty wind storms that popped up in the area. You were only going to land for a moment, having become over excited about finding a rare medicinal herb. But having misjudged the timing of the wind gust you found yourself rolling to a stop. Your ship was damaged beyond repair. But you had hoped you could fix the transmitter.

You flopped on your bedroll, tossing your arm over your eyes. It had been three days since the crash and still no sign of anyone looking for you. Not that you held out much hope for that. The crew of the Charger didn't like you very much. Your personal ways of research and being a nurse scared them honestly, despite your findings to be groundbreaking and your medical talent being anything but lacking.

You took a swig of water as you checked your provisions. You could last a solid week with what you had and that's stretching it. You leaned against a large boulder and looked at your pathetic ship. With your somewhat limited engineering knowledge, you figured you could try one more thing. Instead of sending a large single message across the stars you could send short little messages up to around the planet. Maybe a passerby may hear it and have the heart to help.

It took you until nightfall to even find the right materials. You huddled in your makeshift tent, tinkering away at a small transmitter. Your fingers and brain hurt from working on it for who knew how long. You felt yourself drifting off as you finished an old school S.O.S. signal, the lights on the device blinking alive.

The last thing you remembered was yawning and hoping that those blinking lights will save you from your stupid actions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sulu rolled his shoulders as he checked his away team on their preparations. It was him who found the distress signal so, naturally, Kirk chose him to go investigate. It was odd, only one life form could be seen from the ship but the wreckage was extremely excessive like the ship was made to man more than one person. After making sure the life form was human and alive, Sulu entered the transporter room. He nodded to the station worker to beam him and his crew down.

Sulu expected things to go easily; grab the person, beam back, fly away. But that didn't happen until a bit later.

You adjusted the cloth over tour face so only your eyes were showing. As soon as you heard the sound of a transporter you got excited but you weren't sure if they were friendlies or not. Not wanting to take the chance, you grabbed a cloth and a long piece of wrecked ship, getting ready to defend yourself.