Remember - Bones

You stood in the isolation chamber, wringing your hands as you watched a doctor and his nurses try to find out what was wrong with you

You stood in the isolation chamber, wringing your hands as you watched a doctor and his nurses try to find out what was wrong with you. Pain hit you again as you just stood there, wincing and blinking back tears. They told you to tell them when the pain hit but you didn't want to bother them so often.

But nothing escaped the handsome doctor. "Another wave of pain hit you again, right." His voice came through a speaker in the wall, sounding just as handsome as he looked. His hazel-green eyes bore into you, not with anger or hate, more with worry and concentration.

You bit your lip as you nodded, a bead of sweat trickling down your back.

"Blast." He looked you over before nodding to the bench behind you. "Sit. I have a feeling they are going to get much worse."

You did as he said, grasping the edge of the bench like it was your life line. "Didn't they teach you about bed-side-manner in med school." You tried to smile but you were sure it came out more like a wince.

The doctor seemed to relax a bit, stepping closer to the window as he gave you a small smile. "I must have missed that class. I'm not much of a morning person."

You nodded but instantly regretted it as the pain ran up your spine again. Tears fell this time, the pain worse than you have felt since this all started. The doctor looked like he wanted to reach forward and help, but the wall and window kept him away from you.

"I promise. I will not rest until we find what is causing this and making it stop." He gave you one last kind and apologetic look before his faced hardened again and he got back to work.

You held back sobs as you tried to refrain from thinking the worst. You were in safe hands. You could be in a worse situation. You have a handsome doctor taking care of you. You weren't dead.

Yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leonard McCoy rolled his shoulders as he looked over your blood samples and body holographs. His head hurt and he was tired, but he didn't want to leave you alone and hurting.

He looked over at you, sedated and peaceful, for the moment, in the containment room you were staying in. As it turned out you were infested with micro-organisms that feast and grow off of your nerves system. Hence all the pain. But the moment you are sedated they disappeared, only to reappear when you are awake.

There were so many of them. He hated seeing you in so much pain but it was necessary in order to extract them while they were still visible. If he waited any longer in trying to find another way to extract them without hurting you he would lose you.

You were losing your memory. He could tell just by looking at you that you had no idea who he was now when only two days ago he was holding you in his arms as you returned from a harrowing away mission.