Just Relax - Kirk

You wipe the sweat off your brow as you stand up from under a control panel on the empty Bridge. You have been working on the finishing touches to the new Bridge since the day before, taking breaks only to eat and occasionally rest. You closed your eyes tight as you rolled your head and neck from side to side. You were too preoccupied with your thoughts and stretching that you didn't hear the lift doors open and someone walk on to the Bridge. You jump and let out a quiet squeak as large warm hands covered your eyes.

You smirk and place your hands on your hips. "Jim, I told you! Don't go scaring me, you might get hurt, of which I will not be held accountable for."

"Aw man, how did you know it was me?" He lets his hands drop down, wrapping around your middle as he rests his chin on your shoulder.

You smile and place your hands on his arms and lightly lean your head on his. "You breath like a dragon; you are so full of hot air."

Jim chuckles causing goose bumps to run up your neck. "Well, this dragon wants his princess back in the tower." He whispers then kisses you on the cheek.

You sigh and close your eyes. "Jim, please I have one more panel, then I'll meet you in your room." You try to pull away, but Jim held you closer.

"Nah, that can wait until tomorrow. You are mine tonight, not the Bridge's." He starts to kiss down your neck as you giggled.

"Fine, fine, okay! Let me get my things." You turn in his arms and take his face in your hands. You smile and caress his cheek with your thumb.

Jim looked down at the gorgeous girl in his arms. Your vibrant (e/c) eyes have always shown with happiness and almost sparkled like you knew something everyone else didn't. He strokes your cheek with the back of his fingers, taking care to wipe off a smudge of dirt. That was how you two got together.

The first time he saw you he thought you were a spy for the Federation in hopes of catching him in one of his "unethical" acts to get him demoted. You had a smudge of dirt on your cheek and your red shirt was littered with scorch marks, you didn't mind to get dirty. That and the way you looked at him with those all-seeing eyes, you must be here on a mission.

So he took things into his own hands and tried to seduce you into telling him why she was set, but you wouldn't hear it. In fact, it ended up being you seducing him because, by the third or fourth date, he was smitten. Looking down at you and taking in your features, Jim would admit to still being unabashedly smitten.

"Alright, be quick. You look like you are about to fall over." Jim leans down and kisses you lightly on the forehead.

You nod and rush to put away your things. You should probably tell Scotty the progress of the Bridge, but you looked over at Jim poking away at random buttons on a nearby control panel. The update can wait. You stood there for a moment longer just looking at your boyfriend. His blond hair was a bit more tousled today, his uniform is gone replaced by comfortable civilian clothing. You step forward and wrap your arms around him. He lets out a deep chuckle as he wrapped his arms around you too.

"How did I get so lucky?" You whispered into his chest.

He smiled as he stroked our hair, placing a kiss on the top of your head. "You're not the only one surprised. Ask any of the crew, they think I am way too good for you."

You snort as you pull away, punching his arm lightly. "Yeah well, I was bound to end up with some kind of loser." You pick up your tool bag and strut to the lift.

Kirk laughed and shook his head, rushing forward to meet you inside. The both of you pretended to be haughty and only spared knowing glances at each other. It took every fiber of your being not to just push him against the wall and kiss him soundly. And just by looking at Jim's eyes, you could tell that you weren't the only one thinking that.