13 Karma Time

*(Y/n)'s POV*

The only thing I could do was go beside him and Nagisa. "Yeah! Long time no see!" I said innocently a smile was plastered on my face.

Nagisa and Kayano started talking, I turned my head slightly to face Karma. "Don't act so innocently around me, I know what you are," I told him as I stared daggers at him.

"Um, yeah. I'm human," Karma said teasingly. I only scowled at him. "Hey, what did I ever do to you? We only ever fought that girl anyway." He asked me not knowing what was going on.

"Yeah, exactly!" I replied crossing my arms.

Nagisa must've noticed how I was staring daggers at Karma be because he started talking.

"Do... you guys know each other?" Nagisa said.

"No." We said in unison. Nagisa shrugged off our answers. "If you say so..." He turned back to the class.

"I over heard your conversation earlier with Nagisa," I told Karma.

"Is that why you fell on your face when you were supposed to jump on Kayano?" Karma said he was amused as a vein popped from my head.

"Oh, yeah. Sure." I replied to him mockingly.

"I guess you're the same as always... Leaving class whenever he feels like it as if you know everything." I mumbled to myself but was clear enough to be heard by Karma as he turned his head to me. He looked at me with a sly grin.

He placed his hands behind his head. "Welp, I've seen everything I need. I'll be going now." Karma said as he turned his back to leave.

"Not so fast, Akabane." Mr. Karasuma called out as I grabbed Karma's collar.

Karma turned around his hands now in his pockets. "What is it Mr. Karasuma?" He asked.

"It's time for you to duel. I hope you missing class helps you learn anything." Mr. Karasuma said.

Karma turned to me and just stared at me. I realized my hand was on his collar still, I backed away flustered.

"Eh-- sorry!" I apologized backing up still. Karma went to his spot in the duel and Mr. Karasuma called his opponent.

"Maehara, you're up." Mr. Karasuma called out.

"E-eh?!" Maehara studdered. He knew how strong Karma was. He'll most probably be already dead by the beads of sweat leaving his forehead.

Isogai patted him on the back. Maehara stepped forwards to his position. "Ready?" Mr. Karasuma said.

Karma held his chin high and flashed Maehara a confident smile. Maehara gulped and gripped his knife tighter.

"Go!" Mr. Karasuma exclaimed backing up. Maehara and Karma charged at each other.

Maehara tried to strike Karma on the abdomen, but Karma was too quick and grabbed Maehara's hands.

He flipped Maehara. He was now on the ground groaning a bit in the sudden pain.

Karma tried to jump on Maehara with a devil-like grin. His knife ready to strike.

Maehara turned over and ran from Karma. Beads of sweat were now moments away from leaving his chin. He turned around panting.

Karma stood there. Maehara smiled and took it as a chance to strike Karma. Karma kept letting Maehara miss his hits on him.

When he was finally out of energy, Karma took his knife and threw it at him. Maehara stood there breathless as the toy knife hit his head.

He fell to the ground.

"Karma wins." Mr. Karasuma declared.

Everyone stood there dumbstruck by the fight. I just smiled. 'His pure fighting spirit never changes.' I thought.

Karma went towards Maehara and held out his hand. "Good game." He said to Maehara. He took Karma's hand lifting himself up.

Once he was up, Karma went towards us his hands in his pockets.

"That was incredible, Karma!" Kayano complimented.

"I have to say, you're still-- you're better than me." I interrupted my own sentence.

Karma sighed and walked away.

"Well, he's off..." Nagisa said.

"I guess we're gonna have to deal with the fact that he's Karma," I said laughing.

Thank you for reading this chapter! Please don't forget to vote on the chapter and follow me for more! :D