"He's just testing us you realize that right?" Ryan breathed.

"Yeah, i was afraid of that." I said.

"You'll make the team don't worry." Ryan pat my shoulder and started running.

"What do you mean?" I asked starting to run after him. I caught up and he looked at me.

"Coach checks stats for new kids... Your file was amazing." Ryan said. I stopped running and so did he.

"Seriously." I said stunned.

"Yes... He's just making sure you're as good as you're file said." Ryan said.

"O'BRIEN! LOGAN! LETS GO BOYS FINISH IT OUT!" Sal yelled. We groaned and finished running back.

Sophia's POV ~

All these girls had like little "clicks". There was at least 6 groups of like 2 or 3 girls that all stuck together. We were doing pitching, catching and all these different things. There was this one girl who was very quiet and was alone. Austin asked me to pair with her. I ran over to her and she smiled.

"Hey i'm Soph." I said.

"Jenna." She smiled.

"Freshmen?" I asked.

"Yup..." Jenna sighed.

"Hey don't worry i'm gonna partner with you." I said, a smile grew on her face.

"Thanks." She said.

Throughout tryouts while i worked with her on partner stuff and she was amazing. It was honestly hard to believe that she was only a freshmen. She's defiantly going to be a reference to coach. We moved onto batting stuff and i thought about trying to bomb still... Austin was pitching 5 balls to each girl. A few girls went then it was my turn.

Austin pitched the ball and i swung early on purpose.

"Oh come on Johnson." Austin said.

"Sorry." I yelled out to him.

Again he pitched. This time i swung late. He pitched the 3rd ball and as it came towards me i jumped back.

"Johnson!" Austin yelled, "Come here." I ran out to the pitchers mound and he just looked at me. "I know what you're doing. Stop trying to intentionally bomb tryouts... You're an amazing player and i want all these new girls to see what we're looking for in this team. Now i'm gonna give you 5 more tries. Show these girls whatcha got." He pat my back. I nodded and turned to walk away. I stopped and faced him again,

"Oh and Austin, i would say Jenna is defiantly a keeper. If you don't you're nuts." I laughed.

I went back to home plate and got ready. He pitched the ball and i hit it in perfect timing sending it far out of sight. Everyone started clapping and cheering.

"There we are! That'a girl Johnson!" Austin yelled.

I hit all 4 other balls out of sight one after the other. To tell the truth it felt good to play good! All the girls were amazed. Next coach called Jenna up. I saw him watching her more focused because i pointed her out. The first ball she hit was PERFECT! Like she must have been playing since she was little because i don't know how someone could just be so good.

They switched it up this year and did all the tryouts in one day instead of over a few days. Once we finished up coach said the team would be posted on Wednesday outside of the locker room. I changed and was one of the last people to leave the locker room. I checked my phone making sure i didn't have any messages from Gracie. As i was walking out of the locker room i saw Jenna.