51. Oh So Familiar

Start from the beginning

I laughed trying to push him off, "On your computer" I told him as he set Pepper down on the bed.

"Doing what?" he took it on his lap scrolling through the window, "Florida?"

I nodded.

"What are you looking for in Florida?" he asked knitting his eyebrows.

"Calm down it's not like I'm leaving, turns out I have a grandmother there that my father never told me about"

"You don't plan on visiting her do you?" he asked.

I shrugged, "Maybe, I really want to though"

"Why?"

"She's the only family I have besides my brother, Harry"

"I get that Ness, I do. But Florida's in America, you're going to another country to see a relative who never cared to know you"

I looked at my hands biting my bottom lip, "She's family"

"Don't you think there's a reason why she's not in England anymore? You don't abandon family"

"Isn't that what you did?" I shot back taking the laptop from him and going downstairs to the living room.

"Vanessa" he followed me, "I didn't abandon my family"

"Then why did you leave them if it's not abandoning?"

"I had to get out of that town! Hell just visiting the place made me want to stab myself!"

"Then why did you go?!"

"For you Vanessa, I went for you" he said silencing both of us.

"Then think about this for me, she's the only thing I have left that's over 30 Harry. I want to meet her" I said sitting on the couch and continued to search.

He sighed whistling for Pepper to follow him back up the stairs.

After what only seemed like minutes staring at a screen the doorbell rang, I looked at the clock being surprised it's been a couple hours. I set the laptop aside getting up to answer the door seeing Liam walk in with a box in his arms.

"Umm, come in?" I said closing the door.

"I brought something that might help with finding Gran" he grunted setting the box on the kitchen island.

I opened it standing on my toes to look inside, I reached inside taking out a small bear with a pink ribbon around its neck. Written on the bow of the ribbon was Karen, I half smile bringing it to my nose hoping it would still have my mum's scent. It didn't.

"Are these mum's stuff?" I asked looking for something else in the box.

He nodded, "Yes it is, when she was a little girl"

I reached for pieces of parchment flipping through the different letters and photos.

"Hey check this out" Liam said having me look over to what he had in his hands.

He examined the small black leather book trying to open it, "It's locked?" I asked taking it from him.

He nodded going back to looking in the box, I turned the small book in my hands trying to find a way to look inside.

"Vanessa I think I found something" Liam said pulling a big yellow envelope from the box.

He opened it taking out the sheets of paper that were inside, he put them down but one reading the text on it, "Mum's birth certificate" he said.

I walked over to where he was reading the paper that had her name and birthday on it.

I gasped looking at where our grandmother signed it, "Meredith Harris" I smiled pointing at the name written in ink on the paper.