Chapter 17.

“Dustin, I’m going to Jake house.” Kaia called from down the stairs, slipping her shoes on her feet.

He then appeared from the living room with an arm full of closes. He was packing to go back to the army. “Okay, just don’t be back late.” He smiled, kissing the top of her head. Since the trial she had seemed so much happier, like a huge weight had been lifted off her shoulders. 

Walking out of the house, she entered her car and stared it up, pulling out of the gated driveway and down the road to Jakes house, which were only ten minuets away. Within that time she had convinced herself that things were going to change. She wasn’t going to live her life in fear; she was free to do what she wanted. There’s so much more that she wanted to do with her life, travel the world, finish school, go to collage, get married, have children, grow old with the love of her life. She broke her thoughts when she pulled up to the gate that blocked jakes driveway. She buzzed the button letting whoever was inside know that she wanted to get in. “Who is it?” The voice of Jake asked into the microphone.

“Its me.” She said. Within seconds, the gates swung open, allowing her to drive through and park next to Jake's Range Rover. Walking to the door, Jake stood there with the door wide open, waiting for her.

"Oh, hello Kaia. I didn't expect it to be you." Jake’s mother smiled, walking over as Kaia entered the family home. Kaia waved at her, unsure of what to say. She didn’t really know the woman well, so she felt out of place and awkward. “Come on, give me a hug. I don’t bite.” She giggled as she embraced Kaia into her arms warmly.

"Hi!" Both Hanna and Kyle squealed, running up to her, attacking her legs. The woman released Kaia from her hold, and stepped back to let the kids have there turn in greeting her. Smiling down at them, bending over to place a hand each on theirs backs. “Hello. It’s nice to meet you.” She cooed at the three and five year olds. Both giggled shyly, hiding their faces. The woman smiled sweetly at the interaction, she then walked over to the dining room, taking Kyle with her.

“Mommy, can I help you?” Hanna called running after her, as fast as her little legs would carry her. “Sure sweetie.” Hearing mom reply back to her softly.

"It's nice to see you again Kaia." Ryan smirked, turning his head from the TV to the couple standing in the middle of the room, just behind the sofa. Him still sitting on the sofa, his arms spread across the back of it. Kaia nodded, returning the smirk, but didn’t say anything. 

"Do you want to go up to my room?" Jake asked turning his attention from his father, and back to her, pulling at her waist slightly. She shrugged, thinking it through. He knew what she had been through, he wouldn’t push her, and she trusted him. She then nodded her head as he smiled happily; he then took her hand and started to climb the stairs.

"No funny business." Ryan called as they headed up the stairs. You could hear in his voice he was trying to hold back a laugh. Just as Kaia was about to open her mouth to reply to him, Jake got there before she could get a word out.

"Of course not dad." He sniggered looking at him though the rails of the stairs with a smirk plastered on his face. Continued up, he opened a door on the left, to his room. Kaia entered and Jake followed closing it behind him. Sitting on his bed she looked up at him as he stood in front of her. He then asked a question that had been on his mind since San Francisco. "So, what is going on between us?" He laced their fingers together, holding them slightly above her head, their faces inches away from each other.

"I don't know…" She mumbled, looking down so they didn't have eye contact.

"Then will this make up your mind?" Letting go of one of her hands he grasped her chin lightly, making her look up. Moving his hand up from her chin to her cheek, cradling it softly. Joining her lips with his softly, he moved his other hand round her waist tightly, an automatic thing for him to do. Kissing her with all the emotion in that he had, he felt her doing the same right back. Painfully slow, his teeth grazing her bottom lip, pulling at in, and causing her to moan. Hearing a soft, barely audible whimper leave her lips again, he smirked fighting against the want to rip her clothes off. He would not do that to her, not after everything. Pulling away, both were breathing heavily. Placing his forehead against hers.