Chapter 8.

From inside the interrogation room, Nate scrunched his face, brows furrowing together in confusion as he spotted Kaia through the window talking to Josh and their parents. She looked upset like the wind had been knocked out of her, a frown tugging on her lips causing his heartstrings to pull violently.

He does really love her, but it's something inside of him that snaps. He knows what he has done is wrong, but he can't help it. He doesn't like it when he hurts Kaia, that he hurts everyone around him. Inside he's sorry, for everything, but he just couldn't say it out loud.

But his concern was short lived when the door to his left was opened, a body stepping through that immediately made all the hairs on Nate’s arms stand, a growl emitting from deep within.

“Calm down Tiger, I don’t want to be here just as much as you do,” The police officer who had arrested Nate, spoke in a gruff voice, an expression of utter disgust adorning his face. Taking the seat across from Nate, he grabbed the back of the chair, pulling it back as it scraped against the floors. Ignoring the piercing screech it produced, the officer plopped himself down, throwing a folder alongside a recorder down on top of the table.

“What the fuck do you want?” Nate spat, nothing but pure hatred swirling in the depths of his green irises.

“Watch your tone or I will have you thrown in a cell for the night and we can continue this conversation tomorrow,” The officer warned, his lips pulled back, teeth shown like an animal on attack.

Fighting the urge to roll his eyes, Nate leaned back in his chair, his jaw locked tight, “well,” he gestured towards the offices name who he had come to learn was William, from his name tag. “Get on with it then. The sooner you get out of my face, the better.” He seethed through his gritted teeth.

“You know for someone whose life is on the line right now, you’d think you would’ve learned how to control yourself.” He hissed angrily, feeling himself losing patience the longer he sat in Nate’s presence. 

“You know for someone who’s annoying as fuck, you’d think you would’ve learned how not to be annoying as fuck,” Nate countered sharply.

“Keep this up and I’ll have you serving time by the end of the week,” William stood to his full length now, towering over Nate as he sat staring up at him with nothing but amusement dancing in his eyes. “You’re pathetic,” William laughed, “look at you—Playing it cool when you’ve been charged with domestic abuse. Give it up buddy, your going down. Even your little girlfriend is here to give a confession. Do you know what this means Nate?” William gestured all around him, “the arrest, and interrogation, the claims made against you?” He paused for affect to let the words spoken sink in thoroughly before continuing. “It means that justice will not be served until you’re finally rotting away in a cell where you belong.”

Standing up, despite his hands bound together with cuffs, Nate cocked his head to the side. “No, William, I don’t think you know what this means,” he grinned wickedly. “I’m not going anywhere.” Nate smirked, tilting his head to the side slightly.

“Oh, and what do you mean by that, Mr. Clark.” William raised his eyebrow knowingly, waiting for Nate’s reply.

Smiling as if he knew something William didn’t, Nate opened his mouth to say one word. “Kaia.” Leaning forward, Nate rested his elbows on the cold metal table place in font of him.

Copying his actions, their faces were inches apart. “What about her?” William smirked, leaning forward.

“She belongs to me. You can’t hurt me without hurting her.” Nate chuckled darkly, an ugly lob sided grin displayed on his features.