Bucky Barnes x Reader// Brooklyn Boy

Words: 1766
Warnings: I cried writing this...; Civil War never took place; ending sucks but whatever.
Prompt: You and Bucky were together for years. You met when you were young and knew it was love at first site. Then he went to war. And never came home.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You'll have to catch me first!" You yelled and ran off down the street. You and Bucky were 14 and walking home from school.

"C'mon doll!"

He started to run after you, following the sounds of your giggles through the streets. You ran into a alley and caught your breath. You peered by the side of the building and couldn't see Bucky anywhere. "Where did he.."

You screamed when a arm pulled you close and held you. "Caught you."

You pushed him off and started to walk home again. "That wasn't fair." you pouted.

He started walking backwards to look at you and smirked, tilting his hat. "All is fair in the game of tag."

You laughed and rolled your eyes. "Come on, Brooklyn boy. My ma said you could stay for supper and Steve could come if he wanted."

Bucky suddenly stopped and looked serious. "What's your ma makin?"

You smirked. "Her famous meatloaf."

He wrapped an arm around you and started to jog. "We need to get Steve and get there before it gets cold!"

You slammed your apartment door and huffed. "Stupid boys with their stupid games."

You slid off your wet shoes and hung up the broken umbrella. You were supposed to go on a date tonight but the guy stood you up. As you were walking home, you saw him with his tongue down some bimbos throat. Then it started to rain and your umbrella broke.

You had tears running down your face and your makeup was everywhere. You walked into the kitchen to see Bucky and Steve there, which made you jump. "What the hell are you guys doing here?"

"Oh, Buck wanted to make sure your date went well." Steve said. Bucky shoved him while you leaned against the wall with a smirk.

"Oh really, Buck?"

You were 20 at the time. You stayed friends with Bucky and Steve throughout the years. Steve became more like a brother. But Bucky, you loved him another way. You just wouldn't admit it.

"Well I'm glad I did. You're soaked, what did that bastard do?"

You sighed and walked over to the table, sitting down. "He stood me up. Then hit it off with someone else." Bucky looked beyond pissed while Steve looked sad for you. "It's okay, I didn't like him that much."

You talked for a while, sitting there with a blanket. Steve decided to leave and it was just you and Bucky. You decided to make some sandwiches, knowing you wouldn't be going to sleep anytime soon.

"You like mustard right?" You turned around and Bucky pushed back against the counter, his lips on yours.

He moved the stuff, pushing it into the floor and placing you on the counter. His kisses were hungry but sweet, just like yours.

His hands were sliding up and down your legs while you were unbuttoning his shirt. "I forgot my ja-" You both stopped and looked at a red Steve standing there with his jacket. "I-I'm sor-sorry. I'll g-go."

You heard the door shut and chuckled, your head leaning against Buckys. You were both panting for air. He smiled and bit his lip. "Wanna go on a date sometime?"

You put your purse up and looked through the mail. It was years later and you and Bucky were married. The war was coming to America.

You stopped on a later with Buckys name on it. It was a letter from the army. You gulped and tried not to let your tears fall. You opened it and read it. "Drafted."