Loki Laufeyson x Reader// Books

Word Count: 423
Warnings: None
Prompt: You don't like Loki but you both love to read. That's when he decides to join you in the library.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When Thor brought Loki to stay in the tower after he had started to show progress, everyone was hesitant. Especially you.

You didn't like Loki at all. It was merely because of the battle that took place because of him. Though that was a pretty good reason.

After a while though, everyone warmed up to him. Except you. You didn't talk to him, look at him, you didn't even like him in your presence. But there was thing, not matter how much you hated it, you two had in common.

Books.

You were in love with books. You had nearly read every book in the library Stark built you. But he loved books as well. So when he walked into the library, you weren't surprised. It was when he sat right in front of you, you were.

It was another day, reading a book you had read a dozen times when someone plopped in front of you. No one really came in here unless they needed research because none of them read. So that was the only reason you looked up. And saw Loki sitting there and reading a classic.

You wanted to get up and leave. But then again, you wanted to stay in the peace and quiet of your library. You let out a breath and went back to reading.

It was actually quiet apart from the sounds of both of your breathing. Well, until he broke it. "That one again?"

You looked up and noticed he never took his eyes off the page. "Excuse me?"

"You're reading the same book again?" He looked at you with a small smirk and a glint of something in his eyes. "Every time I see you, you have that book in your hands."

You took another deep breath. "You don't see me enough to know what else I read."

"You don't let me."

You didn't know what to respond with. You looked up at him and noticed he actually looked kinda sad. You realized that you've never really given him a chance to redeem himself to you. "You're right." you whispered.

He sighed. "I'm sorry."

You shook your head with a small smile. "Don't be. You're right, I don't really like you that much." He looked down sadly. "But I can learn to." He looked back up and had hope in his eyes.

"Loki, what's your favorite book?"