Winter Soldier x Agent!Reader// Bring Em In (Part 1)

Words: 1125
Warnings: Mentions of torture and murder. Words in italic are Russian.
Prompt: Being the best assassin SHIELD has, they send you on a mission to kill the Winter Soldier. As it happens, HYDRA sent him on a mission to kill you too.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Hey Y/N, Fury needs you." Natasha told you as you were working on a previous mission report.

You sighed and rolled your eyes, already being sent on another after getting back from one. "Alright, thanks." You were about to pack everything up when Nat stopped you.

"I'll finish that for you. And I'll watch Miles tonight."

You smiled in relief. "Thank you, Nat."

She nodded and you walked to Fury's office. You already felt horrible because you told your 7 year old son you'd eat supper with him tonight. But of course, with this job, there's no keeping promises.

You walked into the office to see Fury with a cup of coffee. He could already sense your glare without looking up. "I need you for a mission, Agent L/N."

You huffed, already knowing this information. "Yes, I know. What is it?"

He looked up at you to face your menacing glare. Fury rescued you from an organization quite like HYDRA. They were actually allies but weren't  very big. They tortured and murdered your family right in front of you. You were sent in to assassinate Nicholas Fury. You had a gun pointed at his head when he somehow talked you out of it.

Fury saved you.

That was 10 years ago.

You decided to be stupid one night of the third year and got pregnant. The father ran off and you have no idea what happened to him. All you knew was that you had to protect your son with your life.

Fury threw a file in front of you and you pickled it up. Classified was written on the front and you opened it. Everything that SHIELD had on James Buchanan Barnes was in that folder. Including his location of the country he was in. "What's this?"

"That's your mission." Fury leaned back in his chair as you raised a brow.

"Excuse me?" You couldn't believe you were getting this mission. You also couldn't believe that Steven Grant Rogers wasn't in this room right now. "You want me to bring him in?"

"No." Was his quick answer. You got even more confused by the moment. "I want you to assassinate him."

2 Weeks earlier

Meanwhile in Russia, Baron Strucker watched as they, once again, brainwashed the Winter Soldier. When they were satisfied and stopped, they immediately started with the words.

"Longing

Rusted

Seventeen

Daybreak

Furnace

Nine

Benign

Homecoming

One

Freight Car"

Between every word, the Winter soldier would let out a scream or plea for help. Strucker would just ignore him and continue. When he finished, he closed the book and walked over to the chair he sat in. "Soldier?"

The Winter Soldier didn't answer immediately, trying to catch his breath and unsure. But he knew he had to, for there would be punishment. "Ready to comply."

"We have a new mission for you Soldier." He stared blankly into the air as they continued. "Y/N L/N, she'll be on her way to kill you." A scientist handed him the file and he looked it over.

Y/N L/N. Former TITAN agent by force for 6 years. Best agent of the organization. Was sent to kill Nicholas Fury before betraying TITAN and becoming an Avenger. Mother of Miles L/N, 7 years.

"We need you to kill her first."

"Stupid damn Fury with his stupid damn missions." You muttered as you drive the jet to Russia.

Apparently the Winter Soldier was staying in a small town. All you had to do was get there, kill him and bring him back in a bag. You felt slightly bad about what you were doing.

You knew he had killed dozens of people but it wasn't his fault. He was manipulated into it. But the worst part of all of this is that you couldn't even tell Steve what kind mission you were going on. You had felt horrible about it, Steve's your best friend.

You were there when they brought him out of the ice. You had helped understand the times easier and how to use a phone. And he was a major father figure to Miles. Miles looked up to Steve so much and he'd more than likely never look at you the same way after what you do.

You sighed as you landed the jet in a far way field and grabbed some weapons to store in your suit. You also grabbed a coat and a hat for the snow. You opened the door and made to close it. Looking around, you made your way into town.

After about twenty minutes, you started to see busy little streets of the town. The snow was falling freely on the stands near the streets. There were children wth their parents walking around and people just trying to stay warm.

You pulled the coat around yourself tighter and walked to the destination. You asked for directions before making it there.

It was a small, two story hotel that looked run down. You walked to the room door and quickly picked the lock. You looked around once more before slipping in and quickly closing the door. You looked around the small room and noticed it was a little dark.

You faced away from the beds, taking off your jacket and throwing it in the couch. As soon as you did so, you heard a gun clicked. You froze and let out a breath. "Alright, you caught me."

You slowly turned around with your hands raised. There stood the Winter Soldier, dressed in his suit and mask. His eyes were emotionless, different from when you would listen in on Steve telling Miles stories about Bucky.

You quickly went to grab the vase of flowers before ducking, knowing he would shoot. You grabbed a knife and threw it at his leg. He groaned and pulled it out. You were already on your feet, gun pointed. He looked slightly impressed before he started shooting once again. You were shooting and would throw a knife when you would refill. Somewhere between all of it, his mask came off.

You got stood in front of eachother and you shot. But nothing came out. You shot again before realizing you ran out of bullets. You hit the gun a few times before huffing and throwing it down. "Shit." He smirked and went to shoot but nothing came out of his either. He looked at it in confusion as you smirked. "Cocky much?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Part 2 in progress