Dallas and Katelyn Winston

I was such a tomboy. Dallas would take me to go hang out  with his friends in New your mom took a fun photo and we would get so embarrassed. Pic up top.

The next day I woke up around 8. I grabbed my bags and started walking out till I heard"your not leaving are ya we haven't even had breakfast. Come on we can eat at the Curtis boys house"
"Cool but right after I'm leaving but who are they?"
"You know them! Sodapop house silly"he said tickling me.
"Alright alright alright! is Dallas gonna be there?" I asked nervous.
"Well probably." He said rubbing the back of his neck.
"Oh well actually Two I have to find a place to stay tonight. Sides I can't bum around here forever."
"Oh yes you can and your going to. And also the Curtis house is where everyone eats breakfast. Come on I'll make sure there's gonna be no trouble."
"We'll alright but you have to promise me."
"Alright I promise"
We then walked to the house"
Katelyn your back!!!" Soda cheered as he picked me up. I just giggled. Two told them what happened last night as we ate. I got to say this is the best breakfast I've ever had. Then Dallas walked in then I just walked out.
"Hey what are youse doin here?" He said angrily.
"I came to have breakfast if you don't mind!" I said in the same tone.
"Well I do mind you can't just come barging​ in on people's lives you know."
"We'll at least I don't leave my family member to die or defend for herself !" I screamed
"Katelyn look you wouldn't understand."
"Well maybe I would if you just-"
"Whoa whoa take it easy Dall I invited her to come" Two bit said breaking the fight up. I just stormed off angry. I walked all the way to the park thinking. Then I heard foot steps.
"Hi" a voice said gently.
"Hi Ponyboy"
"I'm really sorry about you and Dally. You know sometimes my brother Darry can be a big jerk to me too. What makes me feel better is reading. What do you like to do?"
" I don't know I guess reading or talking to someone about." I said calmly.
"Well lucky for you I have the book gone with the wind in my back pocket which we could read together or If you want I'll listen. Which ever you prefer."
"Well I guess right now I would feel better if we talked about it."  I said looking down and he just nodded.
" I guess when I was coming I expected Dallas to be how we were like when we were little. We did everything together. I always looked up to him. We were always best friends. I guess we had to be since we never really did go to school. I just wanted the old Dallas back so bad that I forgot that people change" I said hearing my sadness in my voice. Pony just listened and was very sweet. "Thanks Ponyboy. Do you mind if we go to the library to see if I could get an extra copy of gone with the wind?" I asked.
"Not at all I'll walk you there" he said nicely.

Sodapop pov

At the porch I heard the 2 siblings fighting. Two bit finally ran out and called it off. When I got out there I just saw Katelyn leaving. "Pony go talk to her Im gonna have a word with Dallas." I said frustrated. I felt bad for the poor girl. She's been through a lot with all the abuse and loosing everyone she loves.
"Dallas come here." I demanded.
Two bit Johnny and Darry walked in with me while Steve went to work today. "Look that poor girl has gone through a lot. Why are you being so mean to her!" I almost yelled trying my best to stay calm. "Look man I thought she was dead for all I knew. I tried bringing her with me but our step dad caught us I don't have a place to keep her I'm always gone I can't raise a kid man. I can't."
"Look Dall if I needed to live with you for some reason some how you would make it happen right" Johnny spoke up.
"Yeah" he mumbled
" Then do it for her. It's not like she's a dog that you have to feed and babysit all day and if you need her to stay somewhere you know she can always stay here." Darry said kindly. "Hey do we have any more chocolate cake?" Steve asked with chocolate on his face. Walking in. "Shut up Steve" we all yelled at once. He just walked away frustrated. "Ya I guess but what do I do when she has all those girly problems?" He asked nervous. Everyone just walked away from that. " Hey Dall can I ask you something though."
"Sure I guess" as he pulled a cancer stick out.
"Why didn't you ever wright back to her after you got her letter?"
"What letter Soda?"
"You know the one she sent you I think about a year or two ago?"
"I never got a letter? She sent me a letter though?"
"Ya that's why she came down she sent you a letter and she was upset that you never wrote back. She wanted you to go get her because of her step father always beating her so bad."
"Man I never got that letter if I did I would have went to go get her."
"Well you might want to tell her that cause that's what she's mainly upset about"