Meeting Sodapop

I walked inside to see this really nice guy. "Hey beautiful how can I help you?" He asked with a huge grin.

"Hi do you guys have water bottles here?"

"Yup. That'll be 10 cents." He smiled getting it for me.

I payed then started to walk away then he asked "Wait um your not from around here, whats your name?"

I hesitated then said shyly "Katelyn"

"Well thats a pretty name for a pretty girl. Where you from?"

"Umm New York"

"Oh thats cool well my names Sodapop and I know its sounds funny but its even on my birth certificate."

"I dont think its funny I like it. Its unique."

"Thanks, Where you headed anyway it's getting awfully late?"

"Oh uhh im actually looking for my brother. I know this is a long shot but it seems like you know everyone in town. do you think you know him? His names Dallas Winston?" I asked showing him a picture of me and my brother.

"Get outta town. you're brother is heartless Dallas Winston?"

"I wouldn't say he's heartless. I think he's actually pretty cool. I've always looked up to him before he left"

I started telling Sodapop about how much fun we had growing up and how close we were and about our parents and about the letter. Sodapop was very nice and he actually listened and cared. About an hour later a boy with black hair and an eagle tattoo walked in. "Sodapop stop flirting with all the girls and help me with this damn car?" He said wiping his hands with a rag.

"Oh Steve your never gonna believe this. Guess who she is related to and he's in our gang. Also her names Katelyn and Katelyn this is Steve" Sodapop said excitedly.

"I wanna say she looks a little like Dally but I couldn't imagine him having a sister." He said staring at me funny

"Well she is Dally's kid sister. She came from New York."

"Well welcome but if you will excuse me and my buddy here we actually have to work." He said putting his hand on soda shoulder trying to pull him into the shop.

"Uh Katelyn I get off work in an hour I can take you to go see Dally after if you'd like?"

"That would be great Sodapop and nice meeting you Steve."

I waited there I actually helped out some customers too. I was very proud of myself. An hour went by quick.
"Alright Katelyn you ready?"
"Sure I guess I'm just nervous. Soda what if he doesn't like me or want me?" I said with fear.
"He's gonna love you!" We walked to this small little white house. It had a black car in front and a old pick up truck. I walked in to see about 6 boys I was pretty intimidated especially by the tall one with a cancer stick and a leather jacket on.