Chapter 38

"Is it all finished?" I ask the hair dresser when she removes her hands from my head and stops shoving bobby pins into my scalp. 

"Yes. Here take a look." She hands me a small mirror and spins my chair around. It's in a intricate up do and I actually really like it. Prom is hours away and the nerves are starting to bubble in my stomach. After thanking the lady and paying I carefully get in the car. Octavia is coming over, she called dibs on doing my make up. Octavia with Jasper the kid I met at the Halloween party. Other than that are group consists of Anya, her boyfriend, Raven and Monty, and Bellamy, to my dismay, with his new  girl Echo. I argued with Clarke and Octavia both on the Bellamy thing but they both have assured me that he will be on his best behavior. I agreed partially because Clarke made a rather convincing offer.

I run up to my room when we get home. Clarke is busy in the room getting  ready. We have about an hour before everyone is suppose to meet for pictures. Then we are going to get an early dinner and a restaurant in town. Octavia is already in my room full make up and hair all she needs to do is put on her dress and she will be ready. I reluctantly sit on the floor in front of her a let her apply make up to my face. She asks me all kinds of questions about how I want certain things to look. I just shrug my shoulders and tell her she can so whatever the hell she wants. Once she finishes we both slip in to our dresses. Her dress is a two piece white dress with a floral print. Mine is a slim black dress it is rather simple but my style. It also was the easiest for Clarke to match. She went with a turquoise dress with rhinestones on it.  Clarke wanted Abby to help her get ready so Octavia and I head downstairs. Jasper arrives first. He greets me with a hug and kisses Octavia on the hand. He is such a quirky guy, they are just friends but I know he really likes her and I think they might actually be decent together.   Monty and Raven arrive next. Their relationship kind of came out of no where. One day they just posted pictures on Instagram that said they were together. Clarke has still not came downstairs when Bellamy and Echo arrives. I just stare coldly at him as we wait in the living room. I finally hear movement from stairs. Abby enters and I stand up quickly grab the corsage out of the fridge and head to the bottom of the steps. When I catch the first glimpse of her my heart skips a beat. She is absolutely gorgeous.

"Clarke" is all I say as I grab her hand and hear the click of a camera, no surprise that Abby is taking pictures. "You... I...Wow." Clarke helps my lack of words when she pulls me into a kiss.

"You look gorgeous Lex." she says as we pull away.

"I love you."  I place the flower on her wrist and she puts one on mine. A smile never leaves my face. The group makes their way outside to find Anya and Nyko coming up the driveway. We pose for various pictures. 

Once those were all finished we boarded the party bus the Blake's so nicely rented for us. Honestly, I think it has to do with the talk Abby had with them concerning their son's actions. In fact I am surprised he was allowed to go tonight. From what Octavia has told me he has been on lock down sense the event. She even said they make him take random drug tests and sometimes use a breathalyzer on him when he comes home from his basketball games. The bus driver takes us to the restaurant. We sit and eat. Clarke tangles her ankle with mine and I place a hand on her thigh. I pay for ours but Clarke paid for the hotel room that she plans on us spending the night in. 

We arrive at the venue and the line of people was long. As we wait we chat about random things and wave to people we know. I hold Clarke's hand as we move closer to the front of the line. Once we enter I realize how beautiful the place is. Octavia finds a table Clarke and Octavia sit and remove their shoes. I look confused. 

"If you try to dance with those shoes you will die." Clarke says. "Now sit and take them off." I follow her orders receiving a kiss on the cheek. 

Clarke drags me into the center of the floor. I see the type of dancing going on and am amazed that this is allowed at a school event. Clarke follows the lead of just about every other girl and turns around. I'm not going to lie I was a little nervous of what some of the chaperones may think but I decided to enjoy myself. We danced for about an hour or so until Clarke decided she was tired and needed a drink. She sits down and I grab water for the both of us. I take a seat in the chair beside her. 

"So how long do you want to stay?" she asks. 

"Umm until you want to go I guess." place a soft kiss on her cheek. 

"Lets dance for a little while longer then we will talk to the others okay?" She kiss me back and I nod.

Suddenly the music slows down. I stand up and take Clarkes hand. I lead her to our group of friends and place my hands on her waist. She wraps her arms around my neck, resting her forehead on mine. We sway back and forth stealing kisses from one another ever so often. 

"Thank you Lex for coming tonight." Clarke randomly says. 

"You don't need to thank me love. "

"I just know its not your type of crowd or your type of outfit .And I know we have a rough couple of months but I love you more than anything. So thank you for being with me."

"I love you too" with that I kiss her and continue dancing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys sorry its been so long. Senior year didn't exactly start out the way I was hoping it would lol.  Anyways hope you all are doing well and thanks so much for reading <3<3