Chapter 37

Clarke and I are going to the beach today. Its right outside the hotel just a short walk down a bridge and we are there. Clarke looks adorable with her floppy hat and sundress that covers her swimsuit. She carries a beach bag in one hand and two boogie boards in another. She looks like she is struggling but no matter what I say she refused to let me help. All I was allowed to carry was the cooler with drinks and our lunch in it. When we get to the sand her eyes search for a perfect place to sit. Her eyes land on the spot and she walks over throwing the stuff down. I begin taking things out of the bag its not long before Clarke and I are sitting on our towels looking out at the water. Clarke is most definitely trying to tan but I want to go to the water. I climb on to her back.

"Lexa what the hell?" 

"Lets get in the water." I kiss her cheek. "Please"

"Fine" 

I roll off of her and remove my  tank top and running shorts. I keep the hat on though and  head to the water. I take a step in and its actually not too cold. When I get to above knee deep I feel a body jump on my back.  Before I know it I'm headed face first into the water.

"Damn it Clarke." I say when I resurface placing the hat back on my head. It came out more angry than I intended. 

"I'm sorry" She says and walks further in looking a little upset. 

"Clarke, baby come here. I didn't mean for it to come out that way." I grab her hand and pull her to face me. "Love you." I kiss her. 

"Love you too." She smiles "So we're good?" she asks and I smirk. I pick her up and throw her in the water. 

"Now we're good." I say when she comes up. 

I grab her hand and lead her out to about waist deep. I don't want to go any further than that because the ocean is a little unpredictable. The waves make it a lot higher anyways. We hop waves and goof off. After a little bit Clarke wraps her arms around me. I pick her up and she places her legs around my waist. She lays her head on my shoulder as I continue to not let the waves knock us over.

"Baby you okay?" she usually isn't this clingy.

"I didn't sleep that well last night." She pulls away to look at me her legs still around my waist. 

"I'm sorry love. You should have woken me up." 

"No you were tired but I will next time." She kisses me quickly. 

"You better." I kiss her back. "You want to go eat?" 

"Sure we probably need to check the time anyways. Mom wants us up in the room by three.  She wants to go into the town and look at the shops go to dinner." She gets down. "You have to look decent by the way." 

"What does that mean?" I grab her hand. 

"It means nicer clothes than usual." 

"Alright I'll see what I can find." we make it back to the shore. 

We get back to the stuff and sit on the towels. I pull out the sandwiches. Clarke grabs some chips out of her bag. Abby brought a lot of food with us because there is a full kitchen.  The hotel has a restaurant as well but I told Abby I was going to take Clarke there one night since it is rather fancy. It is 1:00 so we have a bit before we need to head back up. Clarke will probably want to just lay out. We eat in silence and then lay down. I read a book and Clarke just lays beside me. I end up putting the book down and flipping on to my back. Clarke lays her head on my chest and falls asleep. I gently wake her to head back up to the room. 

Clarke quickly takes a shower as I search through my clothes trying to find an outfit. I decide on a pair of jeans and a nicer top that I actually think belongs to Clarke. When Clarke comes out of the bathroom a go in to get ready. Clarke is on the couch in a pretty dress when I walk out of the bedroom. I sit and watch TV with her until Abby comes back. 

"You girls ready to go?" she asks as she grabs a water out of the refrigerator. 

"Yep" I jump up off the couch and go to grab my wallet. Clarke grabs her purse. 

"Alright then lets go. I made us a reservation for 7:00 at one of the local restaurants. So we have a few hours to shop around" we walk down to the car and Abby drives us the short ten minute drive to the downtown area. 

We go in and out of several gift shops. I don't buy much. Clarke gets a few things and so does Abby. We eventually make our way to the restaurant. 

"So how was the beach?" 

"It was great. Even though I think I messed up Lexa's tan a little because I fell asleep on top of her."

"A little is an understatement. I don't think I'll be able to go in a swimsuit in public for a while." 

"Good then my plan worked no need to worry about other girls looking a you the rest of this trip." Clarke jokes. 

"You don't have to worry about that with me" I probably shouldn't have said that by the reaction on Clarke's face. "So baby should we give your mother her present?"

Clarke nods and reaches down in to her purse. "Lexa and I have matching one's" She hands her the airbrush t-shirt that says SPRING BREAK 2017 with a beach in the background. 

"You girls are such dorks." Abby says after she looks at it. "I love it."

We have a nice dinner and return to the hotel. Clarke and Abby decided they wanted to go look for crabs on the beach. I have never done it before so I decide to tag along. I hold the larger flashlight and walk at the edge of the water looking not really sure what I am suppose to be doing. Then all of the sudden a little white creature runs across my feet. I jump. When I look back down a small  crab is at the edge of my toes.

"Clarke" I whisper. "Baby come here" she walks over and takes the flashlight. 

I pick up the crab and it moves up and down my hands. I hold it out to Clarke and she takes a step back. 

"Lexa Woods don't you dare." I take a step closer grabbing her hand. I drop the crab from my other hand but keep my hand closed so it looks like I still have it. 

"What's wrong? You don't want to touch him?" I bring my closed hand up to her.

"Lexa stop." she seems terrified at this point so I guess I should stop.

"Look" I open both hand to her "I don't have it anymore. It was just a joke."

"I strongly dislike you at times." she says giving me a kiss.

"The feeling is mutual babe. Shall we try to find another one?" I ask hoping to get her to say yes. 

"Sure why not?" Its not long until we find another one. 

"You sure you don't want to hold it?" I pick the crab up. "I promise he won't hurt you."

"Umm okay." I can tell by her voice she wants to. 

"Alright well hold out your hands" she does "Okay so here you go"

I place the crab in her hand and Clarke looks up at me and I can see her smile. 

"I love you" she says. 

"I love you too." 

"Oh I was talking to the crab" she looks up at me. "I'm kidding" 

With that she drops the crab and jumps in my arms kissing me hard. I stumble back and fall in the shallow water. I don't care though I just sit us up and continue kissing her.