Chapter 11

Clarke: Hey what exactly is the dress code for the banquet tonight?
Me: Well I'm wearing this

Me: but this is what I considered dressed up Clarke: So like you want me to wear a dress?   Me: Maybe but like a not so fancy one

Clarke: So like you want me to wear a dress?
  Me: Maybe but like a not so fancy one. I mean it's a golf banquet with the other girls and their parents at Tumbleweed. I don't think you need to be to dressed up. You'll be the best looking one there no matter what ;)

Neither of my parents wanted to go to my golf banquet. Apparently their weekly date night is more important. It's not like I care that much anyways. I try to avoid them as much as possible. I asked Clarke to come because I didn't want to be by myself. Plus, I needed a ride. Ontario told me I should have just got one from Octavia. She is not aware of mine and Clarke's relationship but she is getting the hint that something is up. Her and her father are super homophobic. So I am kind of scared how they will react. Truth is I am scared how everyone will react when word gets around. Most of my family and friends are super Catholic and conservative.

Clarke: So is this good?

Me: Damn girl!! Clarke: So is that okay? Me: No

Me: Damn girl!!
Clarke: So is that okay?
Me: No. I just said "Damn girl" because I don't want to see you in that outfit.
Clarke: Asshole.
Clarke: So I was thinking since it is Friday that maybe you can stay the night after?
Me: Sure. Let me ask my parents

"Mom I'm staying at Clarke's tonight" I shout from my room.
"Whatever. Have fun" she yells back.

Me: They said I could.
Clarke: Lit! I will be to your house in 15.
Me: Okay and if you use lit in a sentence again I will disown you.

I quickly throw some stuff in a bag for her house. Then pace back and forth outside my door. I'm getting kind of nervous. What is she expecting us to do tonight? I don't think I'm ready for anything to that extreme. I hope she doesn't want anything like that right now. She is not even my girlfriend yet. That hasn't stop her from other people though. Shit maybe I'm over thinking it. She pulls up right before I can change my mind on staying the night.

"Hey babe. You ready for this lit night." Clarke says with a little laugh.
"Goodbye" I say and pretend to walk back towards the house.
"You best be getting your ass back in this car ma'am"
I get in the car and she backs out of the driveway. She turns the corner and stops the car before even getting out of the neighborhood. She leans over and kisses me.
"Sorry I wanted to do that when I picked you up but I knew your parents were probably watching out the window" She puts the car back in drive and pulls off. She has one hand resting on the console so I sneak my hand inside it.
We arrive at the restaurant and I have to let go. Octavia is parked beside us. I turn to wave at her and see her flicking her tongue in a licking motion. I flip her off and turn back towards Clarke. I hope she didn't see that but the expression on her face say otherwise. Suddenly it is very hot and I know my face is bright red. I jump out of the car and immediately walk over to Octavia.
"Fuck you" I say to her as I walk past.
"I think you should fuck Clarke instead" she says a little too loudly. I look apologetically to Clarke. I hope she says something to change the subject. Instead she responds with, " I like the idea of you fucking Clarke."

I can't believe she just said that. Clarke realizes I am uncomfortable because she gives me a hug and whispers "Baby relax. I know we are not there yet" She quickly pecked the side of my head. The three of us walk in together laughing and joking around. Ontari and like five other people are at the table already. The three of us sit and wait. Octavia's mom and Bellamy walk in followed by Emori and her father. Bellamy sits right beside Clarke and they start having a conversation. I start talking to Emori and I guess I am showing me jealousy because I feel Clarke's hand on my leg.  All conversations stop when the waitress comes over to take our drink orders. The rest of dinner goes pretty smoothly. The school agreed to pay for the players and the coach. So when the waitress put Clarke's bill on the table I almost too quickly grabbed it and paid for it. I don't think anyone else notice because they are all too busy looking at their own or on their phones. Clarke kicks me under the table. I don't think she likes when I pay for her but sucks  for her because I plan on paying for her for a while. Everyone finally starts leaving. Clarke and I walk out with the Blake's. I get in to Clarke's car after saying goodbye to everyone.

"Lexa Woods why the hell did you pay that bill?" She sounds angry but in her joking angry way.

"Because I dragged you here to sit through a dinner with people you didn't know." I say it like it was obvious.

"I didn't mind being with them and I wouldn't mind paying for my dinner. Now I owe you." She says as she starts driving towards her house.

"You don't owe me anything. You are never going to have to pay for dinner with me around."

"Fine, but I get to pay for dessert." She seems serious now.

"Depends on the situation."

"Dessert or I am never allowing us to eat together again."

"You are a stubborn, my love." Shit I just used the word love. I don't think she is ready for that. I mean I have loved her for a while from a far. She can't love me yet. It's not like I said I loved her I just said my love. I may be overthinking all of this. But she is not saying anything. God what did I do? Before I can say anything else she is pulling up to her house. I grab my stuff out of the car and we walk inside. It doesn't look like her parents are home. She leads me up to her room.

"I'm going to go to the bathroom, you can get on pick something on Netflix if you want." She grabs some things and leaves. I look through movies on Netflix and I stumble across the movie Almost Adults. It looks like it may be pretty funny. I change in to sweats and a t-shirt. I sit on her bed waiting for her to get back.

"I sleep furthest from the door. Hope that's okay." She shouts from the bathroom. "Also you better not be awkwardly sitting on the bed when I get out." I get in the bed on the side near the door. Not even a minute later she comes in the room and flicks of the lights. I can still she her though. She is wearing a oversized shirt and no shorts from the looks of it. I start getting nervous. This seems like the most natural thing in the world to her. She gets in the bed and snuggles up to me. I don't even pay attention to the movie that much. I catch some parts here and there but I spend most of it focusing on the girl falling asleep on top of me. Her breathing has slowed so she must be pretty close to sleep.

"Goodnight my love." I say as I turn the TV off. I roll the both of us over on our sides. I drift off to sleep with her in my arms.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!! Two more weeks of school for me but then a super short summer. This means updates will happen more frequently. Those pictures are of Shannon Beveridge and Rosie Spaughton if anyone was wondering. They are among my favorite youtubers. Thanks for reading!!