16.

abbreviations:
y/n = your name
l/n = your last name.
y/b/n = your best friend's name
d/n = dragon's name
y/t = your town's name
e/c = your eye colour
h/c = your hair colour
d/k = dragon kind
o/d/n = other dragon's name.

•••••••••••••••••••

Your POV

"Ready?" Hiccup asks while looking at me, sending me a small smile.

"Yeah uh... I guess?" I say nervously. He grabs my hand and squeezes it.

"You're going to be a great chief, y/n. Trust me. Y/b/n will be with you the whole time and so will your dragons. You've been preparing for weeks and honestly, you seem like a better chief than me." He chuckles and I smile.

"Thank you." I say softly and kiss his cheek. I hug him tightly and sigh softly. I'm still worried. What if the village hates me? They wanted to see me get killed, that didn't seem very welcoming.

But then again, Mary said they used to love me.. maybe I can change their minds about dragons. I hope so, because they're really missing out.

"Shall we go?" Astrid asks and I nod, letting go of Hiccup. We all get on our dragons and fly over to Coldlake (name of the village you get to rule now)

And let me tell you, it was a long, long trip. Snotlout kept complaining about the journey being so so long, the twins were being annoying the whole time, Astrid was getting grumpy because she barely got any sleep, and I noticed d/n was getting tired too.

"Come on guys! We're almost there!" I say as an attempt to cheer everyone up. They all grumble annoyed causing me to sigh.

"I better get sleep when we arrive there." Astrid mutters.

"So why did we all go in the first place?" Snotlout suddenly asks, making me look up.

"To bring her here? We all left Berk for just one girl?" I frown and so does y/b/n.

"Snotlout.." y/b/n starts, but Snotlout interrupts her.

"We all went through so much, for her?" He says, ignoring y/b/n, making me feel sad. He's right.

"Snotlout, where is all this coming from? I thought you liked y/n?" Hiccup asks confused, and I see he's a little angry.

"I do. It's just, she's just like the rest of us. Why do we do so much for her?"

"Yes, she's like the rest of us. If any of us went through this we all would've helped them, and you know that." Astrid says.

He's kinda right.. all this, just for me? So much has happened, because I wasn't like the rest of my village. Because I ran away.

"Snotlout, you haven't slept in a few days. You're tired. Just stop talking." Y/b/n says, slightly angry.

"It's okay guys." I say softly, making them all look at me.

"He's right. You should go home. I can do this on my own." I continue.

"No, y/n, we're staying." Violet says confidently and looks me in the eyes. Snotlout rolls his eyes and sighs annoyed.

"Well I'm leaving!" Snotlout says before turning Hookfang around. after he leaves a short awkward silence follows. We all look at each other, confused.

"What was that?" Ruffnut asks confused.

"I don't know..." tuffnut says and looks back at him.

"M-maybe you guys should go back to him. I'll be fine, don't worry!" I say, though I know I probably won't since this is all new for me.

"No. You're our friend, y/n. I don't know what has gotten into Snotlout all of a sudden, but you're our friend and we wanna help you." Astrid says.

"Snotlout is our friend too!" I say. "Sure he's annoying at times but we still all care about him." They all go silent again.

"I think I know why he was acting like that." Y/b/n suddenly says. I look at her.

"Why?" She sighs and looks down, biting her lip.

"Let's just say at home he didn't have the best situation over the past few months... he felt like no one cared about it, and I guess he took his frustration and anger out on you."

"What? He never told us about this." Hiccup says and everyone else frowns. We didn't know something was going on with him..

"I'll go get him." Y/b/n then says with a determined look on her face. She looks at me and her gaze softens.

"I'll be back I promise y/n. I'm sorry but he needs me." I smile and nod.

"I understand completely." She smiles brightly.

"Okay. I'll see you guys later!" She says before turning around.

"You know, I'm glad Snotlout has her." Hiccup says, making me turn back to him. We all nod in agreement.

"Yeah, he really needed someone like her." Astrid says.

"I wonder when the wedding will be." Ruffnut smirks making us all laugh. Suddenly Tuffnut gasps loudly and points in front of us, causing us to turn around at where she was pointing. I gasp and feel excitement rush through my body. Finally..

"WE'RE HERE!" I yell excitedly. I scream loudly and lay on my back on d/n, smiling. Finally we're here!

"Someone'a excited!" Hiccup laughs making me blush.

"Hehe." I chuckle nervously and sit straight up, still blushing. "Sorry."

"It's alright. I think it's cute." He says and looks at me smiling. I blush and Tuffnut starts making gagging noises but Ruffnut slaps the back of his head, making him stop.

"Hey!" He yells rubbing the back of his head. I giggle and look at the ground. My eyes widen when I see people. At first I start panicking, scared that everyone will shoot me down again, like the first time.

But they're cheering.

"Y/N IS BACK!" I smile happily and look at the people. Instead of anger, there's happiness and relief.

"Yes she is." Hiccup says and looks at me with a sweet smile.

I'm back.

OKAY. SORRY FOR TAKING LONG TO UPDATE. I'm having a writer's block right now, sooo the updates might be this slow again or even slower, I'm sorry. Im not going to stop this book, I just go through times where I don't have any inspiration, but I'm sure that will be alright soon!

Anyway, I hope you guys liked the chapter! If you did, a comment and/or vote would be very appreciated!
Xxx Damla