10.

abbreviations:
y/n = your name
l/n = your last name.
y/b/n = your best friend's name
d/n = dragon's name
y/t = your town's name
e/c = your eye colour
h/c = your hair colour
d/k = dragon kind
o/d/n = other dragon's name.

•••••••••••••••••••

Your POV

"Ow, that hurts!" I say as one of the hunters pulls me with him towards the cells. I keep struggling but stop when I feel something hard hit my cheek. I cry out and look down.

"You prick!" Hiccup yells loudly while trying to get away. He's looking at the man who hit me, eyes filled with anger. I swear if looks could kill he'd be gasping for air right now.

The men just chuckle and throw us in a cell. I groan and sit up. The door closes with a loud "thud" and Hiccup runs up to me.

"Oh my thor, are you alright?" He says worriedly while cupping my face in his hands. I whimper when I feel his hand on the spot where I got hit, and Hiccup immediately takes his hands off of me.

"I'm so sorry." I smile a little at him shake my head.

"It's okay don't worry." I say softly and he smiles. His face goes serious again.

"I'm so so sorry he hurt you. That son of a.."

"Don't be. You couldn't do anything about it." I interrupt his muttering. He sighs and shakes his head.

"I know but I still feel bad because he really hurt you and I just.. argh..." at that moment we hear the door unlock, making us both look up. Hiccup grabs my hand and holds me close to him, while a figure appears. It's the same woman who caught us.

"Mary wants to see you." I look at her and feel my mouth getting dry. I can't believe this. This cannot be real. I've been thinking they might've done something to save me but here they are hurting dragons.

I gulp and Hiccup nods at the woman. We walk through a few halls and there are some guards with us, but nobody is holding us which I'm glad about.

After a little while we notice a big golden door.

"They're here, ms y/l/n." The woman says as she bows deeply. I gulp and squeeze Hiccup's hand before walking in the room. I see a tall woman sitting on a throne. Her eye colour is different compared to mine, but the hair colour is the same and she kinda looks like me, but older.

"So, you two are the people who were riding dragons in my village?" She says. Her voice was cold and sent shivers down my spine. Her scary glare made her even more intimidating.

"Y-yes ma'am, but we came in peace I promise." Hiccup says. Mary raises an eyebrow and looks at us.

"You came in peace on dragons in a village where we hunt dragons?" She says and shakes her head while chuckling.

"Doesn't sound that smart." She says while smirking.

"W-we didn't know you hunted dragons, ma'am." Hiccup says politely. How does he do that? I'm too intimidated to speak right now.

"Why did you come here anyway? To rob us? Take our gold? Take over the village?" She said while squinting her eyes.

"N-no. A friend told me that a family member of my my girlfriend lives here." This made Mary frown and sit back.

"And you just found out about that?" She asked in disbelief.

"Y-yes ma'am" I said softly making Mary look at me in surprise, since I hadn't talked at all.

"I never knew my family, and I really wanted to find out and our friend knew someone-"

"What is your name?" She interrupts me, and that's when I notice that she had been studying my face the whole time. I gulp and take a deep breath.

"Y-y/n y/l/n, and that's my b-boyfriend Hiccuo Haddock." Her eyes widen when she hears my name, and just when I thought she was going to smile an angry expression spreads across her face. The words she then said made me shocked.

"Guards, lock her up." Before I can do anything I feel two big hands grab me, pulling me away from Hiccup.

"Hey!! Let me go!!" I yell while kicking and moving, hoping that I can escape but it's no use.

"No! Let her go please! Please!" I could Hiccup scream desperately, causing tears to fill my eyes. His voice was cracking and I could hear that someone must've grabbed since he kept yelling at someone to let them go.

"Take me, hurt me, kill me, do anything you want to me but don't hurt her please!" He said and I could hear sobs, making my heart break even more.

"How sweet. I almost feel bad for letting her get beheaded." I hear Mary say making me gasp for air loudly. Suddenly, I feel like I can't breathe anymore and I'm shaking. Before I know it I faint, falling on the hard ground.

Hiccup's POV

"NO! PLEASE DON'T!! DON'T KILL HER, IM BEGGING YOU!" I yell while trying to get out the grip of the guards that are holding me. I cry and let the tears stream down my face while I kick and squirm.

"Ah don't worry. You'll be able to watch the show!" Mary says, clapping her hands together and looking at me with a sweet smile.

"Isn't that lovely? You and your dragons get the best seats." She says and smirks. How can she just do this to her family? What did y/n do wrong?

"Why?!" I yell out. "She didn't do anything?!" I cry while the tears still fall. Mary chuckles and shakes her head.

"Oh, my dear Hiccup Haddock. My sister isn't as sweet as she seems." Mary says and puts a hand on my cheek, making me shake my head in disgust.

"What did she do?" I ask softly, my voice cracking. Mary rolls her eyes and sighs.

"Long story short, the stupid girl took all the attention and soon I saw her true colours. I tried to kill her, she left, end of story." She explains in a bored tone.

"Enough talking now. Bring him to his cell, but make sure he's far away from the girl." She says, and the guards nod.

"Yes ma'am." I sigh and keep my head down while they bring me, not feeling the motivation to struggle anymore.

They're going to kill her and I can't do anything about it. I can't believe this.

As soon as I'm in the cell I fall on my knees and sob loudly.

I lost my dad, I don't want to lose y/n too. I don't want to lose another person I love with my whole heart.

I sigh and close my eyes, trying to calm myself down. After a while I manage to breathe steadily again. I sit against the wall and stare at the other wall in front of me.

How is y/n doing? Where is she? Is she scared? She must be scared right now. Is Mary talking to her? Is she hurt? Why did I suddenly not hear her anymore? Did she faint? Is she awake yet?

I sigh again and bury my face in my hands, not knowing what to do.

I'm so sorry y/n... I love you, y/n. I love you so, so much

sO I thought I'd update late today BUT there's wifi at the airport and I had this chapter done already so here's an update ^_^.

AND OH. MY. GOSH. 2.1K READS ON BETWEEN TWO WORLDS. TWO WEEKS AGO IT WAS AT 1K. I CANT BELIEVE THIS OH MY GOODNESS

AND 200+ READS ON THIS? THATS INSANE GUUYYSSS

I'm so glad that you guys are liking the story, because I really enjoy writing it :)

Anwaaayyh if you liked this chapter a vote and or comment would be appreciated!
Xxx Damla