12.

abbreviations:
y/n = your name
l/n = your last name.
y/b/n = your best friend's name
d/n = dragon's name
y/t = your town's name
e/c = your eye colour
h/c = your hair colour
d/k = dragon kind
o/d/n = other dragon's name.

•••••••••••••••••••

Your POV

"It's time." A low voice says, making me look up. I can see the guard's eyes soften a little when he sees my red eyes and tear stained cheeks, but I know he can't do anything to help me.

I'm going to die and there's nothing to do about it.

I unwrap my arms from my knees and get up, not letting out a single noise. I sigh and walk with the guards, keeping my head low.

I hear a door open and then loud voices fill my ears. A lot of people are talking and laughing. I look up slowly and my eyes widen when I see Toothless and d/n in a cage, trying to break free. I see Hiccup in an other cage, staring at me. Tears fill my eyes and I can see that staying strong is hard for him too.

He mouths an "I love you" and I smile sadly, whispering it back, causing a tear to roll down his cheek.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen." Mary says while clapping her hands together, making the crowd go silent.

"Today, we've got something to celebrate. My dear sister is finally here." She says happily while looking at me, a smirk plastered across her face.

"And you all will be able to watch our betrayer getting beheaded!" After she says this, loud cheers are being heard, making me look down. I bite my lip, fighting back tears.

I feel someone pushing me, making me walk forward. I walk towards the guillotine and let out a shaky sigh. I gulp when I see the sharp blade. At least it's fast, that's less painful.

Mary motions for me to put my head through the hole and I obey. I take a deep breath and look up, seeing Hiccup looking down, shaking his head.

I hear some strings being pulled, making me even more nervous. This is it... Suddenly I hear Hiccup yell and when I look up I see him kick the cage he's in.

"PLEASE! HURT ME, KILL ME JUST DONT KILL HER!" He screamed while I saw tears streaming down his face.

Some guards open the cage and for a second I feel a tiny spark of hope but they grab Hiccup and push him to the ground so he can't move. My heart skips a beat when I hear Mary counting down.

"10,9,8..."

This is it, this is the end.

"7,6,5..." I hear the crowd counting down as well.

I love you Hiccup, I love you y/b/n... I love you, d/n... I love you, Berk...

"4,3..."

Thank you guys, for giving me the best time of my life

"2.1!" I close my eyes and breathe out for the last time.

I feel nothing.

I look up, and see Toothless holding Mary down. She's struggling but Toothless is way stronger than her. D/n is holding the rope so the blade won't fall down on me. I smile a little and then hear the crowd gasp.

When I realise that these people are dragon hunters, I start yelling at Toothless and d/n to back.

"GUYS!! GO BACK!! THEY'LL HURT YOU!" I scream but they don't listen to me. Some people get up and try to get Toothless, since he's attacking their queen, but Toothless manages to push them all off of him.

Suddenly I see a familiar pair of purple eyes. My eyes widen and I'm about to yell Violet's name, but then I realise that's not very smart.

D/n notices her as well, and watches her carefully when she walks to us while grabbing a sword.

"Just follow me." She whispers to us and we nod.

"How dare you interrupt such an important event, you beast!" I bite my lip to hold back a laugh. She's not the best actor ever...

D/n gets it and nods. Violet quickly grabs the rope. She nods her head towards me and then d/n runs to me, removing the wood that was on me so I can put my head out of this thing.

"Toothless!! Get Hiccup!" I say making him look up and nod. And that's when everyone notices I'm free. They're about to run when Mary yells at them to stop. Violet seems to know what's gonna happen so she hands me her sword.

"I'll handle this myself." She says darkly and grabs a sword from a guard. D/n goes in front of me and protectively holds a wing in front of me, but I shake my head, making her look at me confused.

"I need to end this on my own, d/n." She growls sadly and I smile.

"I'll be okay, I promise." She nods and I pet her head before she flies towards Toothless, helping him open the cage.

"This is more fun than seeing your head get chopped of anyway." Mary chuckles making me look at her. She tries to hit me, but I block her hit with the sword I'm holding.

"Why are you even fighting back, little sis? You know I'm going to win!" She smirks and I shake my head.

"I will fight until my last breath." I say as I keep blocking her hits. Suddenly she trips and falls, and before she can stand up and hit me again I grab her sword and keep her down.

Her eyes widen when she realises I won and she gulps. I hold up my sword, ready to put it through her. I close my eyes, knowing that if I look I'll be weak and not do it.

Don't look y/n.. don't look..

I open my eyes tiny bit and mentally hit myself.

Dammit y/n I told you not to look

Mary sighs and closes her eyes, accepting her death. My hands are shaking and they're getting sweaty as well.

"Do it y/n! End this!" Hiccup yells. I look at Mary again and see her eyes almost begging me not to do it. I sigh and put the sword down, and before I can say anything to her she kicks me and my head hits the cold ground, causing me to go unconscious.

Dramaaaaaaaaaaaa *dramatic music* *long silence*

ANYWAY

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE CHAPTER. I mean it's not fun that you almost get killed but.... you know what I mean right?

If you enjoyed it I'd love to see a vote/comment ^_^. See ya next timeee!
Xxx Damla