15.

abbreviations:
y/n = your name
l/n = your last name.
y/b/n = your best friend's name
d/n = dragon's name
y/t = your town's name
e/c = your eye colour
h/c = your hair colour
d/k = dragon kind
o/d/n = other dragon's name.

•••••••••••••••••••

Your POV

"So, what happened to Mary?" I ask Hiccup and y/b/n while looking at them. Hiccup offered to stay and take care of me even though y/b/n lives with me, so I just think it's an excuse to stay with me. Not that I mind...

Y/b/n spoke up. "Well, after you were knocked out she tried to get us and d/n, but we all managed to get away from her. Then we tried to get her, but she ran away. So that left her village without a chief, and suddenly they all needed you..." my eyes widened.

"Most people were intimidated by her, and she had manipulated many villagers. When Mary left, it was like they all had their own opinions again." Hiccup continued.

"W-wait. Y/b/n said they needed me... does that make me..." I look at the both of them and they nod. My eyes widen.

"Chief? Me? I don't know anything about being a chief!" I say scared. "It's a huge responsibility, I-I can't do that..." but who will do it then?

"Y/n, I don't think you realise it, but you'd be a great chief. You've got a heart of gold." Y/b/n says and I shake my head.

"I-I'm not a chief." I chuckle nervously. "I can't do all those speeches, meanings, important decisions and all that, that's not for me!" I look down and close my eyes before sighing softly. I can't do this. I can't be a chief.

"I said that too at first. But you're gonna be alright y/n. I'll help you." Hiccup says and grabs my hands, making me look up at him. He squeezes them and gives me a reassuring smile.

"W-when do I have to go back?" I ask softly. Y/b/n smiles and looks at me.

"When you're ready. Right now, someone else is taking care of the village until you're ready to do it." I nod.

"You're gonna do great. Trust me." Hiccup says and kisses my forehead softly. I smile but stop when I hear y/b/n squealing loudly. We both look at her and she immediately stops and blushes.

"Sorry hehe... you guys are just so cute!" I smile as a faint blush covers my cheeks. We all hear o/d/n growl and y/b/n looks at where the sound came from.

"I gotta go, bye lovebirds!" Before we can say anything she's gone. I giggle and look at Hiccup again, who's staring at me. I stop laughing and look at him as well.

"Something wrong?" I ask and he shakes his head softly, a small smile on his face.

"You're just so beautiful." He murmurs causing a blush to appear on my cheeks. I shyly hide my face in his chest which makes him chuckle.

"Awe, you're so cute." I groan annoyed and shake my head.

"Stop it!" I whine and push him away while pouting. He purses his lips together trying not to laugh and I huff and cross my arms, turning away from him.

"I know you're not mad, m'lady." I still stay quiet and don't look at him. There's a long silence, making me think that he left but suddenly I feel his fingers tickle my sides. My eyes widen and I whimper, trying not to laugh.

"Hmm I'm sure you won't keep quiet for long." He says and I'm 100% that he has a big smirk on his face. I grab his hands and try to pull them off of me but his grip on me is too strong. Wow, never thought noodly arms here would be that strong hehe.

I let out a small giggle and Hiccup screams in victory, making me jump up.

"HA! I KNEW YOU WEREN'T MAD!" He says proudly making me roll my eyes.

"Of course I'm not, idiot." He proudly smiles at me and wraps his arms around my waist.

"Well, I'm your idiot." I sigh and chuckle.

"Ugh come here you." I say before pulling him closer and kissing him.

•••••••••••••••••••

"Hiccup..." I say quietly while looking up at him. We're in the woods with d/n and Toothless who are playing together. Hiccup and I are just laying on the grass.

"Hmm?" He says and opens his eyes to look at me. I bite my lip nervously and sigh.

"I-I.." I shake my head and breathe in slowly.

"I'm scared." I say softly, causing him to frown in worry.

"Why? What are you scared of?" He asks and sits up a little.

"I... I'm going to be a chief... and you're a chief too... and right now it's already hard for us to have some alone time, and I'll be busy and I'm just scared that it'll upset you a lot because we might barely see each other and-"

"Hey, hey.." hiccup says gently and grabs my hands. I stop talking and look at our hands, and then back up at him.

"We're going to be okay, I promise. You're going to be an amazing chief and we'll stay together. I love you so much, y/n and nothing will ever make me doubt our relationship, I promise." He says while looking me directly in the eyes.

"H-how are you so sure of that? W-what if you meet someone else when I'm not here.. it's not that I don't trust you, but I wouldn't want you to be unhappy because of me." He sighs and cups my cheek with his hand.

"Y/n, you are the only one for me. I don't care about any other girls. I love you and only you, please don't forget that." A small smile appears on his face and Hiccup's smile widens.

"There's that beautiful smile I love. Now come on, let's fly a little bit yeah?" I smile wider and nod, grabbing his hand and pulling me with him towards our dragons.

Yay, I updated agaaaainn!! Sorry if the chapter's not that good. I haven't been getting much sleep lately and sleeping in is hard since I have to babysit my brother every morning ://.

BUT. I BOUGUT THE HTTYD2 DVD AFTER A BILLION YEARS WIZIWIJS

AND

I JUST FOUND OUT MY BROTHER BOUGHT THIS FREAKIN GAME? HE NEVER TOLD ME?!

I think I'm turning him into a fanboy hahaha he's obsessed with httyd now😂

Anywaaayy I hope you guys liked the chapter, and if you did I'd appreciate it if you'd vote/comment! If you have any feedback I'd love to hear it
Xxx Damla