Arc 1: Chapter 5 The Aftermath

On June 1, 666 AD of the summer calendar in Lusia is the announcement of the new empress who called herself Vivian, she has abolish the nobility system and created a country without any special privilege, only hard work can get you far.

No matter what ethnic, species, culture, skin color you have, everyone will be treated equally, but that goal is yet for perfection, if the people doesn’t obey and follow the rules, their fates are unknown.

Spies from the Empire and Einox join forces for efficient data gathering. In the streets of the capital of Lusia, people are celebrating, drinking and partying to their heart's content until sundown. The marketing district which is located in the west side of the capital is pack of people, there’s an alleyway that leads to an abandoned house which is currently occupied by the spies. That is their base.

“Oi...Why did we bow?” The woman of this unit was an officer from the country of Einox, her clothes are the same as the citizens in the street, short skirts and a button up shirt.

“Her aura was too powerful, Jayn” The officer who responded is a man who has seen many battles, his name was Klaud. He would know many who's dangerous or not just by looking at them due to his experience, he has seen Vivian and her subordinates as the most dangerous peoples, even her maid who was standing beside her, especially her. She hid her presence well to the point that she didn't any hostility but Klaud saw it. It made his his hair straight up when she smiled up by that balcony during the announcement

They were in the living room, sitting on a couch that they just bought from the store in the rich district, watching the announcement of the new empress, Was sitting on a couch. Now they are bowing on the ground in front of the TV.

The door to the living room was open and the one who entered was a lazy yet powerful commander, they call her the demon general of the empire due to her white hair and red eyes, although many criticize her because of her looks but she didn’t mind because those who has criticized her didn’t see the lights of day.

She is called Lilian, she saw her fellow comrades bowing in front of the TV. Lilian stared at them confused, trying to grasp the situation.

“Even though they are our enemies, there’s a limit for praising their superior technical prowess.” she bluntly said. “Commander, it’s not what it's looks like!” Jayn retorted.

“It’s not that bad when I look at it, I feel refreshing in fact.” Lillian went to the kitchen to put down the bag of food that she bought in the market for dinner.

“Refreshing? Commander, there is nothing refreshing about this situation.” Jayn said as she tries to lift up her head but failed, it made her head slam down on the floor. “Ouch!” She yelled in pain.

“Don't bother lifting your head up, you're not that powerful to stand the pressure of the superior beings besides, their will be a time where we will all meet in the battlefield, not as allies by enemies.” She said, the two were confused on what she just said but they didn't comment on her weird remark because they are too use to it

“Master....I’m coming home.” Lillian whispered as she shut down the TV with the remote, the two were glad that it was over.

"Commander, we'll be going upstairs to communicate with central intelligence" she said.

"Don't take too long, your favorite show, Spring of the shadows is about to beginning and dinner will be ready soon." She responded. As soon as she heard her favorite show was about to go on air, she immediately went upstairs in a flash.

"I got a feeling that she loves this country rather than hate it." Klaud said as he stood up and patted down his pants to clean off the dust from kneeling while feeling mentally exhausted.

"I wouldn't be surprise, we've been here for a year and it's not so bad. I even seen elves and humans migrated here, they have been treated here with respect and kindness. Demons treated them like their own, brother and sisters alike while the demon villages and its villagers that the human captured 400 years ago has been treated harshly, they won't even help them if bandits raided them, they still demand to pay their taxes even if they have a drought or raids. They are branded as slaves and serfs while here, they are treated like people, civilized, fed and most importantly they love this country besides they have awesome TV shows, by the way who do you think is gonna win the nationals."

"Yi is going to win" he responded

"Hmmm, naive, too naive officer Klaud. Summer is going to win." She said as he wave her rice spoon back and forth in a sarcastic manner.

Klaud chuckled at the idea of the rookie winning the nationals "Yeah right, that rookie is not going to win because she doesn't have any experience at all. Even though she won most of her battle, it was only luck."

Vivan opened the TV, she changed the channel to the sport channel.

"Astounding! The rookie won the nationals! What a show micheal! I didn't expect her to win so easily against the legend himself."

Klaud jaws immediately dropped to the floor while Lilian made a faint mocking smiled. "Told you so."

Summer received the trophy in front of the camera, she notices it and she started waving while smiling in live broadcast.

"Winter! I won! I won! You better give me a hug after this! I deserve it! I work really really hard for this!" She yelled in excitement.

Somewhere in the cold upper region of Lusia, Winter sneezed. "Someone must be talking about me."

Lilian

Jayn

Klaud

Klaud