Introductory Arc: Chapter 9 Meeting a friend

I opened my eyes, it was morning and I don't feel well. My status, I saw it in my dream. I have to do all of that to regain my regular status back and I can't use my HUD which is going to become troublesome. My status just gave me requirements or quests to become normal again, today I’m a cripple, handicap empress of the demon kingdom. I should start with the easy ones. I look at the clock, it's 10:00 am. At 5:00 pm, I should head to bed before I suffer.

*ding ding*

What? A text pop out right in front of me, it seems I’m getting a call from someone, I wonder who is it? I click the answer button.

“Hello!? Hello!? Hey! Buddy! It's me Medusa here. What's happening right now!? I’m freaking out! Why do I look like my character from The End?”

What a surprise, in fact I’m actually happy. One of my close friends and my employee, also got forced into this new world. He seems to panicking, I need to calm him down.

“Calm down, panicking won't help you. If you don't stop, I’ll find you and then do-”

“Okay, okay. Geez, anyway I’m in my character's body but I gonna say, I look good.”

“Stop being narcissistic, we have work to do. Where are you right now?” To think he would distract himself with his female self, I mean I did the same but that's different.

“I’m in Xenon, where the lizard people live. You know what's weird, they worship me as a goddess or queen here.” he chuckled, it feels so weird to hear him in her female character voice. It's so seductive and alluring even I have the same voice but he's way more better at it.

“Well, according to your lore. You're suppose to be a mortal who turned into monster in order to overthrow the goddess of war Xia, you killed her then you gain divinity and in return. You became a goddess and the ruler of Xenon.”

His lore for his characters are so damn weird even his companions. One example is Dave, apparently he was a powerful spirit that can't be tame in any means but how did Medusa tamed him? By giving him cookies. Giving him cookies!!! Wtf and then proceeds to write more weird things like for a companion slime.

“Don't complain. I’m in the same boat, I have to look over a kingdom now but mine is more dangerous, lucky for you. You're on way south and on an island while I have the humans to worry about. Say, have you check your status?”

“Yes. Pretty standard, I can still use everything. No buffs nor debuffs but I got new skills though.”

My eyes are tearing up. Lucky! I got to deal with so many debuffs. I have a plan, this will help me and my empire. Lizard people are known to be the best in physical combat & swimmers, we can use them as our special elite marines.

“Now, that we are rulers. We need to meet up and create an alliance!” I suggested.

It's been a good 30 minutes of silence, don't tell me he's rejecting it. I mean it's true I treated his as a real friend, we even graduated together. Wait, don't tell me you're rebelling because I mistreated you during work. Uughhh… Good thing I don't have to hold a phone for half an hour.

“I’m back! An alliance you say? I accept this alliance” he said cheerfully.

“Where did you go?” I ask

“There was a commotion in the village, don't worry it was a small. Not too big and not too small. Everything has been taken care of.” He said in a cold tone, did something bad happen that he went all dark and evil sounding.

“What happen?” I ask hesitantly.

“It seems I discover that I have no more remorse, any feelings. I killed someone like it was nothing.”

“Hey, come on. Don't be sad about it, look at the bright side. You saved the village and everyone in it.”

Pure silence, I should give him time to recover. It's for the best, “Anyway, I’ll come to you when the time is right. Just hanging there” I ended the call.

------------------------------------

Medusa's perspective

What have I done, I ended up killing the humans who invaded but I lost control. I went on a killing spree like a savage, killing many villagers that were innocent and animals along the way of my path. I couldn't bear with it anymore, they were nice people, I protected them but in return, ironically. The one who's suppose to protect the one they love ended up killing them and I told a lie to Oblivian. I don't rule this Continent and they don't worship as a goddess nor follow me like a king, to them I'm death that should be sealed or eliminated and I lied about being in the same boat as her, I stay longer in this world than her. When she actually answered the call, I was happy enough that I was spouting nonsense.

I slithered away from the burning village that I ravaged due to my lost of control. The air smells blood of children, men, women and elders. Never looking back, I set to find a place of seclusion. A place somewhere in the swamps or inside a cave.

“Mine is more dangerous” I repeated those words that Oblivian said to me. I don't believe that because right now you're living in a developed civilization while I’ve been stuck here for 2 years living in the dangerous swamp where there's sharks and leviathan going about, I was surprise when I saw one of my friends go online. Maybe I’ve been isolating myself too much from society, that village was of the few that I stay for months. Talking to her might regain my sanity.

It's so lonely, cold and cruel……I need comfort.