Introductory Arc: Chapter 13 Secrecy all around

It's noon, and I'm laying here on my daughter's bed, hugging her like a pillow. As I look at her closely, they said that she was frozen in time due to unknown magic. The magic was gone and she was finally free, at the age of one. Father held a ceremony of making her the crown princess of the demon kingdom, everyone celebrated the one who will take the throne. For 8 years she doesn't have parents to play with, a mother that will pamper her or a father that will play with her until noon. Parents that would tell her bedtime stories. she's been through a lot, if she was a bit older. Things could've went badly but good think she's still a kid. No matter what, I'll be always by your side.

I carefully got off the bed, not making a single noise that will wake up little Lucy but something was odd. My so-called husband Oblivion was sitting on a chair right in front of me.

"What are you?"

I ask, please answer me. Don't just sit there and stare at me with those dead eyes, I don't know what to do? Maybe I should ask another question. If I do that, he won't answer me. A good 20 minutes has passed, we've been staring at each other. This feeling of sadness, anxiety, nervousness, and love. All of them are surfacing in my head, I'm confused. I walked towards him, looking down at him. I don;t want to yell at his face because Lucy was still sleeping.

"Please....Just tell me who you are? I don't know what to do?"

I'm frustrated to the point I want to give up, no matter what. I will find out who you really are and so is this world.

I don't sense any magic from this guy, is this even real? I tried touching his hands, it was cold yet familiar, it makes me want to hold his hand longer and longer.

"If you're real, please help me. I'm weak and powerless although I still have the power to destroy, it's not enough to protect my love ones. Was I weak when I was with you? Was I weak to the point that I wasn't able to save you? Tell me....I wanna know. I don't remember anything." I cried, I'm scared and I don't even know how to manage a big country on my own. My words, I can't control my mouth, what am I trying to say?

--------------------------------------

In a faraway place, a man in black robe is sitting down on a table with a magic ball on top. On that ball is an image of the Empress of the demon kingdom.

"Master, we finally did it. We made it work, with this, we could manipulate them in the shadows." The man in white robe said, he was behind the black robe man.

"It seems this information is valuable, this will prove useful. I must sent this to the empire. This time, we will destroy them. For the glory of the empire. Send this report to my grandson. For all of this year, you're back to your original state, wonderful indeed." The man grinned and made a small evil laugh

"As you wish, your Grand highness." The white robe man behind him, bow down respectively. This mysterious authority is clouded with thick fogs that is yet to be blown away by the wind.

---------------------------------

Located at the far east of the bloodsworn castle is a city named Valion, the capital city of the demon kingdom, the Redwood castle was larger than Bloodsworn castle. Usually the royal family would live inside their capital but it's different for the family of the queen. Oblivian lives in a more fortified fortress that floats in the sky where no threats can reach unless they tame a dragon which has the success rate of 0.1% across all races unless they become beast tamer but dragons are extremely rare, which is why the demon kingdom is not an enemy that nation should trifled with their abundance of dragons they can summon.

Inside the garden of the Redwood castle, the yellow daisies bloom in the sun while the roses cover it like a blanket, the cherry tree are place like a square around it. In the middle is a bench, the old man Dovelthain was sitting there, quietly reading his favorite book.

"Father, we need to discuss about little sister." Alice who had just finished training the new recruits in Bloodsworn castle. She sat down beside Dovelthain, crossing her legs as she stared at the flowers below her feet.

"We should really clean this place and have stone slabs leading to this bench, as much as I like its raw nature. I still like cleanliness." he smiled, Dovelthain closed his book and took out a cigarette from his magic inventory. He lighten it with his fire magic.

"Little sister is like a new person, she was merciless, she's always cold like ice and most of all cruel, she would never stop burning that bastard Solar's hand for his impudent behavior. Now, she's reverted back to her past self. The kind, gentle and cute self." Alice expression wasn't grim at the same time not negative but Dovelthain smiled.

"What's wrong with her kind, gentle and cute persona? I don't mind it at all, she's like a kid again. Oh, how time flies so fast. You girls grew up in a blink of an eye." He wasn't against it, but he was grateful for it.

"A weak queen can lead her people to destruction." She stated but Dovelthain knew from the very beginning that she was different from the start, like a new spirit has taken over her body but he ignored it.

"True but you like her like that. I remember the time where you tease her a lot to the point she would cry cutely then you would fall down on the floor with gushed of blood coming out of your nose. You like to play with defenseless, soft animals like Oblivian, don't you Alice?" Alice blushes and averted her gaze to elsewhere.

"Hahahaha! I was right. You're truly a siscon! To think my daughter would be like that! Ahhahahahah!" The old man bursted laughing. "No, I'm not! I'm not a siscon! I'm just worried for her sake that's all!" Alice pouted in return.

"Well, joke aside. Just wait and watch besides I have a job for you to handle." Dovelthain went back to his serious side, he stared at Alice.

"I've been sensing magic from Bloodsworn castle ever since our little queen awakening. Would you think that my half human son is still alive somewhere, only contain inside a jar being used for evil doings like a slave without a thought?" Dovelthain has been living for thousands of years, seen many things that were inexcusable. "You mean the time where she freaked out that she was seeing her dead husband during the meeting?" Alice was weirded out by that event, of course she knew how much she loves him but she wouldn't show that emotion in front of her subordinates none other than Lucy and Oblivion.

"Yes. My son has been long dead ever since his companions killed him off during the war. It was hard to go through but if someone is using his spirit to do their evil deeds. I won't forgive them. Investigate this matter, don't tell our little flower about this." Dovelthain was surrounding with overwhelming aura, Alice flinched. She can't even speak due to the pressure, there's many time that his father would kill her if she didn't do her job right.

"Ah damn, I did it again." Dovelthain got up from the bench with the support with his cane, he went in front of the child that he scared. He patted her head and made a smiled that ease her heart. "Didn't mean to scare you there sweetie. Anyway, I want you to investigate this matter, keep your eyes on Oblivian."

With that, he walked away. Leaving Alice to her job, she said "Lili." and in response. A woman with great beauty, silky and glossy black hair. Two wings on her back that is of like a bat, she was Lili. The succubus pet of Alice. "Yes, master?"

"I need you to keep an eye out for Oblivian and little Lucy. I want you to personally observe her, have your best unit observe the princess."

"Yes!"

She disappeared into the shadows. Alice has a lot of work on her hands, in due time. She will find the people who are tampering with their peace.